Any comments for YCK Chapel kindy & Trinity Methodist Ki

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Any comments for YCK Chapel kindy & Trinity Methodist Ki

Postby jerbren » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 am

Thinking of shifting my girl to another kindy cos her current school has converted to childcare. Any comments on the abv 2?? Appreciate some feedback. Thks.

jerbren
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Any comments for YCK Chapel kindy & Trinity Methodis

Postby kaitlynangelica » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:35 am

jerbren wrote:Thinking of shifting my girl to another kindy cos her current school has converted to childcare. Any comments on the abv 2?? Appreciate some feedback. Thks.

Hi Jerbren,

YCk stands for Yio Chu Kang am I right? If so, heard from a friend that it is lousy. Up until K2, her child was learning nothing, only traceing alphablets. So in the end, she pulled her out and then sent her to Pat's schoolhouse.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Any comments for YCK Chapel kindy & Trinity Methodis

Postby jerbren » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:09 pm

kaitlynangelica wrote:
jerbren wrote:Thinking of shifting my girl to another kindy cos her current school has converted to childcare. Any comments on the abv 2?? Appreciate some feedback. Thks.

Hi Jerbren,

YCk stands for Yio Chu Kang am I right? If so, heard from a friend that it is lousy. Up until K2, her child was learning nothing, only traceing alphablets. So in the end, she pulled her out and then sent her to Pat's schoolhouse.

Oh,, thanks so much for yr response.

Anyone has got feedback on Trinity Meth kindy??

jerbren
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby seletar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 pm

My DD was with YCK Kindergarten from N2 to K2.

In terms of academic preparation for P1, I think YCK Kindergarten has done a good job. Both Chinese and English languages are well balance in the curriculum, which could be seen from their reading programme. Love for reading and good grasp of languages are the important factors for kid to do well in primary school.

There is a good emphasis in children's behavior and character development too. The principal and the teachers are strict but caring. In my DD case, the principal and the teachers have called us in sharing what they have observed and encouraged us what we could do to help her. Subsequently, they followed up to report her progress in Kindergarten. For this special attention which they have given to my DD, I was very grateful.

I guess you could also call the principal to find out more about their curriculum.

seletar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jerbren » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Thks for yr feedback.. I actually went to the YCK kindy's open house. Find the Principal quite good. Cirriculum seems quite ok for me but it usually turns out diff fm what seems to be taught in class.. My older son used to attend a church kindy but i pulled him out fm K1 onwards cos nothing much was taught.. So feels a bit paranoid when its comes to church kindys.

jerbren
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Reviews on YCK Chapel Kindergarten

Postby Capricon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:06 am

Hi,

I would to hear some feedback on YCK Chapel Kindergarten. How are the teachers like? Are they caring?

Capricon
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

YCK Chapel

Postby seletar » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:36 am

Hi, there are some discussion in the past...
For your reference.... http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... ang+chapel

seletar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Capricon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 am

Hi seletar,

Thanks for reply. Yes, I did read through the past discussion but I would like to hear more recent feedbacks.

Capricon
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Capricon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:09 pm

Any recent reviews on YCK chapel kindergarten?

Capricon
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Any comments for YCK Chapel kindy & Trinity Methodist Ki

Postby nutellachoc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi
Does anyone has feedback on YCKC cirriculum and standard of teachers? I'm worried seeing all the negative feedback here. Thank you very much.

nutellachoc
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care