Parents & K1 Session Idea

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Parents & K1 Session Idea

Postby Michael721 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello Parents :imcool:

I need some help here. :dancing:

Our childcare wants to have parents & children session together. This can be an afternoon event. The main objectives are :boogie:

1. To know what the child journey in the year and what they do
2. To have parents understand what their child is doing, and their classmate/parents
3. Child to show to parents who are their classmates and who are their best friends

The teachers have cordially accepted to be the judges of the above events. :rahrah:

As all parents are involved, I would like to seek comments on parents here what are the events or program or games that you had been to, and they are successful and meaningful. :hugs:

:?:

Look forward for your generous sharing. :celebrate:

:lovesite: :thankyou:

Michael721
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Parents & K1 Session Idea

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:59 pm

What the center that DS attended did was

- Children starts lesson as per normal
- Parents arrive 30 mins, sneak in to classroom from the back. Children were then all gathered infront of classroom seated on floor facing teacher, having their normal lesson. Parents get to observe the class in action and how the lessons are conducted
- After which some hands on practises session for the children, Parents get to observe how their child are doing
- Then it ends with arts classes where parents joined their children for a combined art work

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Parents & K1 Session Idea

Postby Michael721 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:11 pm

That's interesting.

During the brainstorming session, we think about whether it is a weekday or weekend. And weekday means coordination to take half day leave. It can be tough for some parents. :cry:

There are 20 students in the class. To be honest, I believe most parents don't know all the student names. I am one of the above. :stompfeet:

Hmm the idea of artwork. Need artwork that can involve some of the parents and child :pokeeye:

How about dividing the class into groups? We can have some games where the teachers be the judges for 1) memorial projects that the student done before i.e. artwork now involve parents 2) games which involve both parents and child. :scratchhead:

The childcare center has different outdoor and indoor places that the children held their activities throughout a day. Maybe can have that walk about I think...plus what they do at these areas :imconstipated:

Out of curiousity, how many parents have involved in hand-on planning for child activities before? Can share? :xedfingers:

I only do it during university for new student orientation :?

Michael721
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care