Childcare's principal making negative comments

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Childcare's principal making negative comments

Postby Light Feather » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 am

Hi! I'm new to kiasu parents. I just want to share my thinking and hopefully getting some advice from forum fellow members.

My son (2 years old of age) had just went to the nearest childcare for a week and half. He is crying and wailing so much that the principal started to comment something which my wife and me don't really like to hear. She commented that our son is very noisy and affecting other little kids' nap. She said that they don't normally accept such a young aged kid like my son and that made my son the youngest in the center. In addition, she mentioned that they are doing us a favor by accepting our child and because of our son, the center had to employ another teacher. We have also compromised by requesting my dad to fetch my son at 3.30pm, the timing is just after they have their nap and snacks.

What I don't understand is that why the principal is saying such things since the center had already accepted my son? Do we have a choice? My maid just left our house and no one is able to look after my son. My two parents although are living with us, are too old to take care of an active boy. It seemed that the principal had put all the blame on us by mentioning all these.

What can we do? Have a talk with the principal? Should we change a childcare center or stay put?

Light Feather
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Childcare's principal making negative comments

Postby Dora1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Light Feather wrote:Hi! I'm new to kiasu parents. I just want to share my thinking and hopefully getting some advice from forum fellow members.

My son (2 years old of age) had just went to the nearest childcare for a week and half. He is crying and wailing so much that the principal started to comment something which my wife and me don't really like to hear. She commented that our son is very noisy and affecting other little kids' nap. She said that they don't normally accept such a young aged kid like my son and that made my son the youngest in the center. In addition, she mentioned that they are doing us a favor by accepting our child and because of our son, the center had to employ another teacher. We have also compromised by requesting my dad to fetch my son at 3.30pm, the timing is just after they have their nap and snacks.

What I don't understand is that why the principal is saying such things since the center had already accepted my son? Do we have a choice? My maid just left our house and no one is able to look after my son. My two parents although are living with us, are too old to take care of an active boy. It seemed that the principal had put all the blame on us by mentioning all these.

What can we do? Have a talk with the principal? Should we change a childcare center or stay put?

If you have alternative care arrangements, please withdraw your child immeidately. All CCs accept children from 18mths onwards, 2 yo is too young? She can't handle a 2 yo?? it says a lot abt the capability of this principal :siao: Forget it!

Dora1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sunset_dae » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 pm

I will not hesitant to withdraw my child out from this centre!
Remarks from the principal shows how irresponsible she is!
Cant imagine teachers under her will be worst

Dora1 wrote:
Light Feather wrote:Hi! I'm new to kiasu parents. I just want to share my thinking and hopefully getting some advice from forum fellow members.

If you have alternative care arrangements, please withdraw your child immeidately. All CCs accept children from 18mths onwards, 2 yo is too young? She can't handle a 2 yo?? it says a lot abt the capability of this principal :siao: Forget it!

sunset_dae
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSP » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 pm

1. the principal and the childcare center can't handle your kid and that's why they have to employ another teacher to focus on your kid.

2. i think principal says such thing to hope u can withdraw your kid from her center to give her less problem....

that shows what the center is only capable of doing and what they are not capable of handling....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wearefamily » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Would suggest you find an alternative Childcare too, one who have no qualms about taking good care of a 2 year old.

wearefamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Light Feather » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm also had that feeling that the principal want us to withdraw from her center. Apparently, my wife is asking any vacancies in another childcare. I'm still abit reluctant to change to another CC as this current one is really a stone's throw away.
I'm actually staying at the west side, Jurong West. The current CC is called The Little Green House at Blk 478 of Jurong West st 41. Previously, it was named as Twinkle Mind. I'm not very sure this "The Little Green House" had any relations with the one in Yishun, which shared the same name.
Probably we will go to My First Skool at Blk 518 at Jurong West street 52.

Anyone had heard or been to The Little Green House (Twinkle Mind) or My First Skool at Jurong West street 52?

Light Feather
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby verykiasumummy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:48 pm

i believe every CC has the right to reject or accept kids of different age and habits... it probably just happen that ur kid is not used to the centre so making noise to seek attention...

but anyways, if the principal is not cooperative, u may wish to switch to another CC. but the root of the problem must still be resolved, that is if ur kid will continue to others or not... if yes, the other centre may also feedback the same...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Please please please remove your child immediately! In front of your face already like that, you can't imagine what they would do when you are not around.

Let me share my experience. My child, at 14 months old, was left brawling until he couldn't make any noise. He wanted some attention, you see. But the IFC folks just felt him at one corner crying. Luckily, I popped by unannounced (I got six sense that day and decided to take time off and pop by). You could imagine my shock when I found a muted infant, with tears and opened mouth but no voice. I tell u, heart break ar....

The phase between 18months to 3yo is the most tedious. Because the teachers need to cope with separation anxiety, toilet training etc. If they could be so nasty in your face, I do not want to think of how bad they can be to your child.

And anyway, you pay for their service. What rubbish is the p talking? So unprofessional. The child is totally defenceless there. He is crying because he has problem coping and he can't help it. If the centre is so uncaring, better withdrawal your child before further damage.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:50 pm

withdraw him, place him in another childcare - before further damage is done to your son.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Light Feather » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks, KiasuGrandMaster. I will try to get a vacancy in another cc. I really don't understand. This childcare center's reputation seemed to be quite good and we are actually quite impressed with the cleanliness, variety of food prepared for lunch, variety of activities designed by them and the patience of the teachers. I really can't imagine such negative comments could be coming out from a childcare center's principal. Quite disappointed and sad.

Ofcourse, I am not expecting any of the teachers or the principal to have all praises of my son, but atleast I am expecting some encouragement from the staff, and I can't be expecting all these from this center. All these comments by the principal had been us feel guilty and keep asking ourselves where we went wrong.

Light Feather
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care