Childcare in Towner / Bendemeer / Mcnair / Lavender

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Childcare in Towner / Bendemeer / Mcnair / Lavender

Postby popred » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Dear All

Having major headache.
Used to put my boy at Care Corner St George's, but recently, Principal has been picking to say my boy is commanding too much attention. I got really pissed with her as she doesn't sound like someone who should be running the school, stone-cold-hearted.

Feedbacks and reviews appreciated.

1) First Skool - McNair
- no vacancies
2) YWCA - McNair
3) Ta Pei Childcare (really out of the way, so will consider bus service)
- no vacancies

Cheers!

popred
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Childcare in Towner / Bendemeer / Mcnair / Lavender

Postby popred » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm

1) First Skool - McNair
- went over to check the childcare, looks clean & neat,
- principal is nice & courteous, welcomed me v warmly
- shown me the school from outside, everything looks wonderful
- bad thing : no vacancies, 30 on the waiting list

2) YWCA - McNair
- went over to check the childcare, looks clean & neat,
- principal is not in, lady whom i spoke to earlier, was nice and shown me the place from outside too, it looks like a landed place
- bad thing : no vacancies.
- mentioned my boy has mild autism, so likely i wont get a spot

popred
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasumummy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:53 pm

if u were to listen to my views, when my dd was in CC, i never had problems with her, no complaints as she was very quiet... however, i couldnt stand the boys who were noisy and kept disturbing others during their nap... subsequently, some of those boys left the CC or became better.

but when it came to my youngest dd, he was noisy as well.. and i could understand why the other parents (at that time), did not quite like me due to my noisy dd.. we changed a few cc before he was finally tamed...

i do understand the views of those who have quiet kids and couldnt stand those who are noisy n kept disturbing others... cos i was in both shoes at that time... so i suggest the best thing is to talk to ur kids to let them know that they should not disturb others... seeking attn once in a while is common, the principal or teachers should not isolate them because of this. isolation is only when they are getting out of hand...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby popred » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 pm

I agree with u... But kids be kids, some of them. they just have too much energy in them that can drive parents & teachers nuts & gone crazy, I also understand that when other-people's-kid is annoying, it's normally magnify-ed. But when it's your own, like u mentioned, we are v much helpless when they are too young to understand & i have been doing the chair treatment too. Slowly improving, but not yet that significant. The principal i find v annoying, instead of suggesting more options, she subtly hinting to plan by a deadline. How helpful is that?

Enquired 2 places today, not likely to get a spot. Will then school him at home. Wonderful arrangement, mocking the fact that the WE NEED MORE CHILDREN but no School shit.....
Hopefully will find 1 that suit him or they suit him or the place suit him.

I always believe, whether how the kid's behaviour, he should not be deprived of education.

popred
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasumummy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 pm

it is common for kids, esp young little ones, to be isolated at times in cc.. if u do read and get to know from friends, u will learn to understand isolating those "noisy ones" will do help to the others, if not it will be unfair to all others.. no matter u r parent of the noisy or quiet, u do not want the cc to mix everyone regardless whether they learn it or not...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasumummy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 pm

maybe u can prompt the next cc that u are enrolling, tell the principal about ur ds's being too active.. see what they say... their responses will tell u if they are reliable or not...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherie_bear » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 pm

1) My First Skool - McNair
teachers and principal are ok. My kids enjoy gg to sch and the teachers are dedicated except for a few who were careless and forgetful at times but overall is gd. Teaching wise, the children are learning thru play rather than drilling them academic like what PCF Kindergarden does. Think it is among all the cc that My First Skool is newly set up abt 2 yrs ago and the sch fees are reasonable as compared to some private cc ard this area, hence a lot of parents are on waiting list. The sch has gotten approval for expansion and hopefully by Jan 2013 it will be set up and more capacity for them to take in more students.

Actually there are 2 more childcare ard this area. One of them is located at Kallang CC, near MacDonald block and the other one is Creative Star at Blk 5 Boon Keng Road, opp MacDonald block. U can try ur luck asking if there's any vacancies.

cherie_bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care