Safari House Preschool

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
mimophis
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Safari House Preschool

Post by mimophis » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:05 am

Hi nlimm, did u end up sending ur DS at IBP? Can share some feedback?

Twinkleparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Twinkleparent » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:29 am

Does anybody have feedbacks on Safari House Preschool @ IBP? I am thinking to put my child there next year for N2. Thanks!

quantumfoam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by quantumfoam » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Any feedback on the river valley campus' environment, teachers, fees, etc is much appreciated. Thanks.

JLST
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by JLST » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am

My kids are in safari house so far parents of their classes fee that the boss is more interested in expanding their business more than she can cope. Poorly managed and the teachers can have bad attitude towards parents. PRC teacher Ni always using handphone and don’t really care about children resulting in many accidents but management ignore parents feedback due to shortage of staff

Skyeth
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Skyeth » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 am

JLST wrote:My kids are in safari house so far parents of their classes fee that the boss is more interested in expanding their business more than she can cope. Poorly managed and the teachers can have bad attitude towards parents. PRC teacher Ni always using handphone and don’t really care about children resulting in many accidents but management ignore parents feedback due to shortage of staff
Totally agree on this. The quality of teachers have gone down over the years and the school is more interested in growing numbers and trying to overteach, rather than the well-being of the students.

lokkc
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by lokkc » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:05 pm

JLST wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am
My kids are in safari house so far parents of their classes fee that the boss is more interested in expanding their business more than she can cope. Poorly managed and the teachers can have bad attitude towards parents. PRC teacher Ni always using handphone and don’t really care about children resulting in many accidents but management ignore parents feedback due to shortage of staff
Hi, do you mind sharing which location is your kid enrol with? I'm looking around and wanted to learn more about Safari house for my daughter. Thank you.

Matnatworld
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Matnatworld » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:57 am

Hi,Hi,

Im a parent thinking of putting my child in ibp center - safari preschool. Did u end up putting ur child there? Able to share any feedback with me? Would appreciate it. Thanks.

Best regrds,
YL

Maytra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Maytra » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Any parent put there kids at safari house @ toa payoh? Any review? Was thinking of putting my kids there?

Maytra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Maytra » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Any parent put there kids at safari house @ toa payoh? Any review? Was thinking of putting my kids there?

carlk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by carlk » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:12 pm

I visited 2 Safari Houses in different locations - one at Beauty World and another at Vanda Road. They are entirely different. The teachers and principal play a very important role. In Beauty World, there is no outdoor play, their playground and toys are all inside their school. When I made an impromptu visit, I heard a teacher screaming before I saw her - and this was through a glass window with the classroom doors closed. The children looked sullen and defeated. The administrator brought me to where the other children had just finished their meals and were going to wash up and I saw teachers sitting on chairs eating their chocolate bars without a care in the world, not trying to facilitate any order. It was chaotic and there was a lot of crying. I felt overwhelmed just being in that space and I felt bad for the children who are being dropped off at this premise by unsuspecting parents.

I decided to visit the Safari house at Vanda Road and this was an entirely different experience. The compound is spacious - there is a garden, a field, there were fruit trees and play areas that excited me, embarrassingly. There were separate buildings for classrooms and meal times and everything was clean and comfortable. The principal was passionate and I could sense her enthusiasm when going through their schools' curriculum with me. Most importantly, the children looked well adjusted and happy.

I eventually decided on Safari House Vanda. My son took a mere 3 - 4 days to assimilate. His Chinese teacher whom I got to speak to during pick up everyday came across as patient and nurturing. I could not care less for my son's academic journey at this point in time. I am more concern that he is in an environment where he can have fun and is being cared for and I am so glad I held off for so long until I found the school that checked all those boxes.