Christian Childcare in Tampines

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Christian Childcare in Tampines

Postby Blurrymum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi any good christian childcare centre in Tampines?

Blurrymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Christian Childcare in Tampines

Postby Vic2009 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Blurrymum,
My x colleague told me that Trinity Holy Church is operating a good childcare centre. She sent her daughter there.

Although I'm not a Christian but I'm thinking to enrol my daughter N2 at Kiddy Ark Childcare Centre which is near to my house. It is a Christian based operation centre. I'm still looking around if I can find a better centre in Tampines.

Hope this help.

Vic2009
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Suz855 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Blurrymum wrote:Hi any good christian childcare centre in Tampines?

YMCA cc at Blk 855, some of the teachers that taught dd when she was 2, are still there.

Ps, my dd is 11 this year.

:smile:

Suz855
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Notksmum » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:13 am

My boy going Kiddyark PN class this Friday. Tho kiddyark the facilities are not that fanstastic but I am hoping he will enjoy school.

Also they just changed a new Centre Director.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Vic2009 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Notksmum

Will you place your son for full day in Kiddy Ark?

Vic2009
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Notksmum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Vic 2009,

He just started on 1 Nov. This is my feedback so far. There are 2 teachers for N2 level. They are not bad. My experience with Teacher Gillian (N1 teacher) and Teacher Ai Fen (N2 teacher) is ok. Teacher Ai Fen is quite caring.

For PN, last week they had 2 to 13 kiddoes which is quite bad. Even though MCYS says 1:8. But I think 2 to handle 16 is too much for PN level. Teacher Lena can handle the kids quite ok. Last week they had a new teacher who is not experienced so they got Teacher Gillian to help out and the Teacher Poh Mei. On day 2, they got another church volunteer to come help the PN class. Too bad my boy joined in Nov, he was suppose to start in Jan so that the cohort will be smaller when some of the kids graduated to N1. But too bad we had to start him 2 mths early. :(

Their curriculum goes like this:
8am - 8.30am : Breakfast (usually the older kids will help serve the younger ones and there are some Pri school kids who are at the student care section also help out).
8.30am : Assembly. They will sing National Anthem followed by Christian songs.
9.00am : Go class for lesson. [English or Chinese]
10.30 : Outdoor Play (playground for older kids) [This depends but PN class will go for nature walk and return at 11]
11 : Shower time [staggered shower times]
11.30: Lunch
12: wash hands etc
1 - 3pm : Nap
3-4.30pm: Lesson [English or Chinese]
then around 5.30 gather at assemby (music room) either they sing songs (nowadays they practice for their concert) or read books or watch movie and wait for parents to pick up.

They just had a new principal Sharon Chiam. She is quite ok. She told me she hired a new teacher for PN and indeed the teacher turned up for work today at PN. So I am relieved. Another thing is i noticed the teachers are pretty honest. In PN class, there was a boy who was bitten by his classmate (a girl) and the teachers truthfully told his parent when she came to pick him up. At least they do not try to cover up. that's the consolation.

Boy started having severe separation anxiety so my plan is to start 1/2 day then gradually ease him in to full day. For N2, I think at their age, quite ok to go for full day.

Hope this helps. The facilities are not great but I think the teachers are generally responsible and ok.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Blurrymum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks all for the reply.! Was so busy can only reply now..zzz. yes, Vic2009 i have heard about Trinity Holy Church, heard was good too. My girl is 10mths old now, intend to put her during 18mth, wonder if there are still vacancy? Think i need to call up. Trinity is a catholic church if am not wrong, does anyone know what is the different between a catholic and christian preschool? Kiddy Ark Childcare Centre is a christian school?

Blurrymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Blurrymum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

Pardon me, how mummies/daddies out there find christian school? i went to MCYS website to search for the childcare centre, but all the school there are not christian school. BTW, am not a christian myself too. keke. Is there any link or website that have all the list of christian childcare/preschool?

Blurrymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Notksmum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 am

hi blurrymum, kiddyark is under the diocese of singapore. http://www.anglican.org.sg/index.php/ar ... re_centers
Its Anglican. Hope this helps.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Blurrymum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 am

Oh dear!! Am really a blurrymum! Trinity Holy Church only start from 3 years old....-_-....oh dear..haha.

Blurrymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care