Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Christian Childcare in Tampines

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Re: Christian Childcare in Tampines

Postby Blurrymum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Notksmum, Thanks for the link. Seems like there are only a few christian childcare in tampines.:( How is your boy with Kiddyark so far? Saw your schedule earlier, it seems like they do not have much activities but alot of music session?

Blurrymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Notksmum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 am

hi blurrymum, yes. The curriculum is not that great but I wanted a chidlcare near home with experienced caregivers. At their age, I wasn't looking for excellence in academia, all I wanted was more for my child to play. I am not sure if they will change the curriculum with the new principal on board. I am also not sure its because its near their "graduation concert day" so there are loads of practice for the concert song.

My son has severe separation anxiety but I guess all kids go thru that. Day 1 and 2 I accompanied him so he was ok. But come day 3, it was bad. He screamed and cried and did not eat a morsel of food since AM milk feed that I gave him before school. So I would suggest, to ease your child in by accompanying for 3 days then 1/2 day for 2 weeks for adjustment. that's what the teachers advised me. Now, I get my mum to pick DS up at 3pm (after naptime cos mum cannot come before that time). And I noticed that if his dad sends him, he tends to be more "kuai", ah well, my son does bully me. So now i get hubby to send (*see no evil, hear no evil so heart not so painful*)

DS is most happy during the outdoor/nature walk segment. We suspect he hates being confined to space (which is why he refused to stay in his playyard to play and will protest big time at home). One thing is that DS has grown v attached to Teacher Gillian because she carried him and comforted him from day 2 onwards. So i presume he will gradually get used to the teachers and friends and env soon (I HOPE!). On Day 4, he actually stretched out to her at the door and asked her to carry while still crying when hubby left.

I am aware that the academia is not v strong at kiddyark. I do acknowledge that. For the amt I am paying with subsidy I guess I can't complain much plus it is really convenient (just next block from mine).

btw, I am also not christian so pls note that kiddyark does teach the kids to say praise during meal times and sing bible songs. If you are ok with that then its fine.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Notksmum » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:44 am

Update: Teacher Jennifer joined on monday and my boy is now attached to her and Teacher Gillian. So the principal did increase teachers to manage the children.

Also, I received a letter and some forms on enrichment classes (English, Mandarin drama and art) these are excluded from the monthly fees.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Blurrymum » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Notksmum, Thanks for update.

They have art and drama now? I have passed by the school that day, i always see 1 teacher there & the children are napping, maybe is because the timing i visited that day.
How much is the additional cost for the art n drama? Would you mind sharing?

Blurrymum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Notksmum » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

Hi Blurrymum,

I have to find that paper at home. But those enrichment classes are for N1 onwards. :)

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Notksmum » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Blurrymum, Sorry I cant find that paper anymore. Probbaly went to the trashcan. Btw I received a letter from the childcare saying they have hired a new Centre Supervisor. FYI.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Notksmum » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am

Blurrymum!

I found the piece of paper.
Here it goes:

English Speech and Drama by www.artistic-exp.com
Per term 6 sessions ( 4 terms in a year). 1-hr per session
Price: $135 per term (plus one-time $10 material fee)

Chinese Speech and Drama by lifesparks learning www.lifesparkslearning.com.sg
Per term 12 sessions (4 terms a year) 1-hr session
Price : $110 per term (plus one time $10 material fee)

IT Starter Programme by Cyberland International Education Centre
www.itnrobo.com
Per term 12 sessions (4 terms a year) 1-hr per session
Price : $100 per term

Basic Money Management by Numi$ Academy
(Y2013 or K2 and K1 will start only in 2nd half of 2013 and completes 1st half in 2014)
Price: 130 per term

English and Chinese Speech and Drama are recommended for N1 onwards
IT Starter from N2 onwards
Basic Money Management for K1 and K2 only

Hope the above helps.

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby wateraine » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Notksmum

My boy just started N1 at Kiddy Ark today. Are the enrichment classes for nursery pupils? I have not received any letter so far.

wateraine
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Notksmum » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 am

Hi wateraine,

Yes, the English and Mandarin ones are for N1 and N2. My boy joined PN in Nov, and I received the letter in Mid or End Nov (I think). I presume Kiddyark will check with you again and include in the communications book. :)

But so far, I am quite happy with the Childcare! After Mrs Sharon Chiam took over, marked improvements.

1. The place was refurbished, rewiring done, repainted the premises, installed new cabinets etc. [I personally saw all these on the Sats when I pass by to go NTUC).
2. Menu updated and looks yummier.
3. More Teachers for PN class.
4. PN class got bigger space!!!

Boy likes school now... but every mrg still cry when we drop him off. HA!

Notksmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Vic2009 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:17 am

Notksmum, i'm so sorry that i took so long to thank you for replying my post. I just discover how to find the posts that ive posted. Blur me!

Vic2009
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Previous

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres