[Geylang] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Geylang] Preschools

Postby Dee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Original Title: Preschool for 18mths - around Sims Drive/Geylang

Hello!

My son's 18 months, and I would like to look for a good preschool for him, half day preferably around Sims Drive/ Geylang.

It's a hard choice between convenience/nearby preschools vs established preschools that may be further away (e.g. mountbatten/katong/siglap). Would appreciate if mummies/daddies can share any good experiences they have with their child?

So far i have shortlisted a few, but open for other suggestions:
Near Sims Drive - KYRA preschool
Further from home - Odyssey(wilkinson/Shaws/Patschool(Meyer)

My son belongs to the superactive sort, a little worried about him being able to adjust to preschools or not.

Hope to hear from all! cheers!

Dee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Preschool for 18mths - around Sims Drive/Geylang

Postby jedamum » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Dee wrote:So far i have shortlisted a few, but open for other suggestions:
Near Sims Drive - KYRA preschool
Further from home - Odyssey(wilkinson/Shaws/Patschool(Meyer)

hi Dee,
parents are advised to search information for individual schools in existing threads (use search function) before posting requesting for info about the schools.
for a start, do see ttl's commentshere. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Dee » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks!
Would like to know if there are parents who stay near Sims Drive and have any other/ better preschools recommendations.. :wink:

Will be starting my preschool visits soon too =)

Dee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bee8250 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Dee wrote:Thanks!
Would like to know if there are parents who stay near Sims Drive and have any other/ better preschools recommendations.. :wink:

Will be starting my preschool visits soon too =)

hi dee, my son is in kyra preschool, as far as we concern this is a nice school. this preschool are run by a couple, Albert & Angeline. firstly, we are please with their hygiene level. secondly, when ever we quries on our son performance, his teachers will reply promptly as well as giving us suggestion to help our son to improve. thirdly, we see improvement on our son in social development as well as language development.

you can visit their website for more information www.kyrapreschool.com

cheers

bee8250
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Preschool for 18mths - around Sims Drive/Geylang

Postby Dee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Hello! :D
thanks for your note. how old is your son now? have he been attending kyra for long?

I've visited Kyra and met Albert who was a very open and friendly principal.

The place seems clean and hygenic, but i have few concerns. The classes are only segregated by low partitions, and the different classes are able to hear one another, which seems to be a little distracting.

In addition, they do not have any existing K2 classes yet, which could be due to the fact that they only set up about a year or two i believe.

The nursury classes were also not following the timetable while i was there, and the kids were just sitting around, and playing with some toys.

Maybe it was the beginning of the morning, but the teachers do not feel energetic enough, and do not seem connected to the children. There was one little boy sitting by himself having breakfast, and probably got choked, and vomitted all over his shirt. none of the teachers noticed, and my husband and I had to alert them.

I'm still on the search for other preschool options, and probably looking at Cherie Hearts or Agape Uni around this area as well. Slightly further from here will be Pat's Schoolhouse or Shaws.

Dee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Preschool for 18mths - around Sims Drive/Geylang

Postby bee8250 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Dee wrote:Hello! :D
thanks for your note. how old is your son now? have he been attending kyra for long?

I've visited Kyra and met Albert who was a very open and friendly principal.

The place seems clean and hygenic, but i have few concerns. The classes are only segregated by low partitions, and the different classes are able to hear one another, which seems to be a little distracting.

In addition, they do not have any existing K2 classes yet, which could be due to the fact that they only set up about a year or two i believe.

The nursury classes were also not following the timetable while i was there, and the kids were just sitting around, and playing with some toys.

Maybe it was the beginning of the morning, but the teachers do not feel energetic enough, and do not seem connected to the children. There was one little boy sitting by himself having breakfast, and probably got choked, and vomitted all over his shirt. none of the teachers noticed, and my husband and I had to alert them.

I'm still on the search for other preschool options, and probably looking at Cherie Hearts or Agape Uni around this area as well. Slightly further from here will be Pat's Schoolhouse or Shaws.

hi dee, my son is 5 years old and in their k1 class. wat time did u go? in the morning, the teacher are more busy on taking the childern temp & checking their hands & leg. my son join the centre on dec 2008, so far my husband and i are still comfortable with the centre.

their lesson started on 9pm start. b4 tat the children are allow to play at their own time. once the lesson the children are not allow to wander out of their classroom. this is what i saw when i first visited the centre.

cheer
bee8250

bee8250
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby looney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:31 am

i hv chat w albert this afternoon.he is a nice n friendly guy...he invite me over to the cc to view.
I m oso currently looking for CC around geylang and Aljunied area..as i b moving there beginning of next yr...

looney
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Dee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi Bee,

I was there between 9-10am, the teacher who was supposed to be teaching the 2 yr old classes was not around that day. So the replacement teacher was there, and I guess the replacement teacher wasnt teaching the relevant lesson then.

Hi Looney,
Welcome to our neighbourhood...=)

I'm still sourcing around, and realise that there is another Raffles Montessori at Fansida building, but too bad they have moved their toddler's class to Telok Kurau.

There are also several preschools around fort rd/ mountbatten/ Meyer area.. was driving around and saw so many! gotta slowly do the centre visits and find out more. These are not too far from my place, just not within walking distance, so still need school bus to ferry my boy.

Dee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby keenDaddy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 am

Hi :D ,

There is a 5 months old Cherie Hearts CC at Starhub Green, Ubi Ave 1.
Probably can check it out for comparison.
Website is
http://www.cherieheartsnurturingland.com.sg

keenDaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby hanahana » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi. Anyone has any comment/feedback on YMCA Sims branch or Hungry Caterpillar preschool?
I am looking around Payalebar or Eunos for my 24months daughter. Thank you.

hanahana
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care