Choice of Childcare

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Choice of Childcare

Postby winnieng78 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Dear all, I have a problem with the childcare and I hoped to seek your advice or suggestions on the way forward.

My is coming to 18 mths. I have put her in infant care since she turned 3 mths old. I have to say, though the facilities of the infant care is not good, but the teachers have showered her with love and concern. In fact, she is a cutie little pie now.

I have been trying to find a child care for her. But I ran into problems.

I have intially registered her with a MMI, she has tried out for a day and I felt there is a need to pull her out. The reasons as follows:

1) IN the morning, around 8am, there is hardly teacher around who we can entrust the child to. All teachers seemed to be pre-occupied.

2) Diaper change is limited to 10am, 12pm, 4pm. I expressed that my girl has sensitive skin but teacher did not express willingness to change her more often.

3) it is a fully air con environment and out of 12 kids, there are at least 6 kids down with serious flu and cough.

4) Diapers are changed standing up, and it is tough to wear it well.

5) a girl wet herself during nap, and the teacher simply asked her to wait till it is time for diaper change after nap time before changing her. Mat is not washed too.

6) during bath, children are expected to sit on the toilet floor and wait for their turn. sad to say, my girl is still exploring around and even venture towards the toilet bowl. When i asked if my girl can either go first and bring out of the toilet first while the rest bath, or whether she can go last, the teacher is unwilling as there is no other teacher out there who can help to look after her.

7) noon time, more than 2 kids registered more than 37.5 degree. but i did not see further temp checks for them thru the day.

8) As it is a MMI environment, they have alot of spherical objects around classified as learning material. my girl is popping it into her mouth. though i am one to one looking after her, she did it 3 times in total which i nearly got shocked of my life. Teachers refused to replace the particular toy for time being as they felt it will short change the rest of the kids.

9) Her main teacher gives me the impression she is just doing her job. throughout the whole day, she is in a stern posture, discharging her duties.

10) during lunch, a child did not take any food at all, the taecher also did not bother to coax her to eat.

I am worried to about my child

I am not sure if it si because I am too kiasu and too kiasi to point out the above. but i am woried for her safety to pop more spheres into her mouth, or even slip in the toilet. i cannot comprehend the need to make them sit on the floor and wait, imagine how dirty the toilet is end of the day. and the fact so many kids are all sick at the same time in a fully air con room, i am so worried.

Currently in infant care, i dont deny that being sick is a problem. but it is open air most of the time, thus i think it should be better.....

I have withdrawn her and I am looking out for a child care again.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on the child care below:

Cherie Hearts at West Coast
Cherie Hearts at Depot
Pat School House at Jubilee

Or if there is any child care near depot road or west coast which I can consider.

Thanks a lot for reading my post.

winnieng78
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Choice of Childcare

Postby jedamum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:30 pm

winnieng78 wrote:
I am worried to about my child

I am not sure if it si because I am too kiasu and too kiasi to point out the above.

hi winnieng78,
your concerns seems pretty valid. some childcare may be suitable for some kids but not for other kids depending on their temperament. I had personally forfeited half month of childcare fees and 1 month of playgroup fees of 'upmarket' centres cos my then-3yo-ds1 could not 'click' with their environment/teachers. Finally, my boy settled in a cheap PCF centre that doesn't focus much on academic, but he enjoyed his time there.

winnieng78 wrote:Please let me know if you have any feedback on the child care below:

Cherie Hearts at West Coast
Cherie Hearts at Depot
Pat School House at Jubilee

Or if there is any child care near depot road or west coast which I can consider.

You can browse the following threads for more information:
Cherie Hearts
Pat Schoolhouse

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care