Zoo Phonics Siglap parking problem

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Zoo Phonics Siglap parking problem

Postby chneo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi,
Anybody in this forum community sharing the same headaches as me with the Zoo Phonics Siglap parking problem?
In my opinion, the center's location is really unsuitable for running a center for young children. You stop the car there, you got summon. From a double yellow line to the double yellow zig-zag lines. What do you expect the parents with young children to do? Eject the young children out of the car and drive off? :shrug:
The LTA officers are playing hide-and-seek with the parents. They hide near some trees, branches or the electrical box near the Siglap Center just to take "free videos" and "free pictures" of our car plates. And when we told them that we are helping our young kids to get into the center safely, the answer they gave is "double yellow zig-zag lines, the children will have to get down of the car and the driver will have to drive off immediately". But how can you ask a young child that's 3yrs old to do all this safely? It's really difficult to find a parking lot near the center. And if it rains, you'll definitely feel awful.
The parents are all very worried and nervous whenever they bring or fetch their young ones. Accidents happened with cars, school buses rushing to get out of that area. That area has become highly dangerous and the atmosphere is intense.
The experience with the logistic of getting the child in and out of the center is always stressful, intense and frustrating.
The parents are unhappy, the kids are unhappy, and the residents around.
As a parent, I have complained to the staff and the principals of Zoo Phonics on numerous occassions. I wish the center can listen to the voice of the parents and help to execute some helpful measures.

chneo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Zoo Phonics Siglap parking problem

Postby Pigrabbiit » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 am

Hi,

Ds was studying there last year. But I thought the situation had changed for the better. I understand that some parents had raised the issue to MP and seems like LTA officers are understanding enough for the parents to stop the car and bring the child to the doorstep of the school n drive off thereafter. Had the situation change again?

You will see the LTA officer around esp during arrival n dismissal timing. Another alternative is park at Siglap centre. As long as u dun take more than 10 mins, u will not be charged. For me, I dun like to feel stress. I will park at Siglap centre n doesnt need to pay if I juz drop him n go off.

Hope my suggestion helps n u dun feel so stress.

Pigrabbiit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Pigrabbiit » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 am

Hi,

Ds was studying there last year. But I thought the situation had changed for the better. I understand that some parents had raised the issue to MP and seems like LTA officers are understanding enough for the parents to stop the car and bring the child to the doorstep of the school n drive off thereafter. Had the situation change again?

You will see the LTA officer around esp during arrival n dismissal timing. Another alternative is park at Siglap centre. As long as u dun take more than 10 mins, u will not be charged. For me, I dun like to feel stress. I will park at Siglap centre n doesnt need to pay if I juz drop him n go off.

Pigrabbiit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Pigrabbiit » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 am

Hi,

Pigrabbiit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby chneo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 am

Hi,

The Siglap Center parking is always full during those "fetching children's" peak hours. The trucks usually park next to the Siglap Center to do load and unload, so the queue to the carpark will be long and jam all the way to the main road.

chneo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Pigrabbiit » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi,

Usually I will go half an hour earlier than the dismissal time in order to park at the carpark. I dun encounter jam entering the carpark.

Pigrabbiit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care