Childcare in An Mo Kio Area

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Childcare in An Mo Kio Area

Postby Gan_S_K » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi,

I have checked a few carechild schools around my area in Ang Mo Kio. Below are the list of schools i got to know of. But I will like to know more about these schools and whether they are good or not?

1. Modern Montessori Child Care Development Centre
2. Character Montessori
3. My First Skool - NTUC

If anyone of you know of other better carechild school, appreciated that you can post it here.

Thank you and Cheers :cool:
Gan.

Gan_S_K
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Childcare in An Mo Kio Area

Postby furano » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Gan_S_K,

There is a new cc in amk central, newly opened, called Wharton Preschool. You might like to check it out too. I live in AMK area too and also looking around for preschool, how do u find Character Montessori?

furano
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby chenSee » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 pm

have you tried visiting their sites?? i found http://www.myfirstskool.com/ hmm try to review their more about their facilities and by reading some testimonies from other parents.. Can find the other schools on your list.. :)

chenSee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LoveMyBB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Licdo SchoolHouse is near AMK Ave 5. The teachers there are responsible and friendly. Very spacious with private outdoor playground.. You can check out their website.

LoveMyBB
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby LoveMyBB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Licdo SchoolHouse is near AMK Ave 5. The teachers there are responsible and friendly. Very spacious with private outdoor playground.. You can check out their website.

LoveMyBB
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby msscarlet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Gan,

There's a new MindChamps preschool in Midview City, Sin Ming area. Have you considered that? I think it is quite near to Ang Mo Kio.

msscarlet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby xuanHong » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 am

Personally, I think that we should let our children choose the centre instead.
They will be the ones going to school!

Once you have shortened down your shopping list of ''potential'' centres.
Bring your child to the centre.
Be alert of your child's reaction when they are inside the centre.
Make sure that teachers possess a Diploma in Montessori Method of Teaching for Montessori centres.
Do you see happy faces everywhere?
Kids are showing respect to the teacher?

Distance always tops my priority list.
Next will be healthy food & curriculum.

It has been 1 year since my boy switched over to Character Montessori AMK.
He has grown from a quiet & shy boy into a ''loud'', talkative & confident boy.

His teacher even told me that he is the ''歌王'' of PN2 class.
I will always remember when he said, ''妈妈,你很漂亮, ''I don't want to go home! I want to go to school and play with my friends!''

There was once during my birthday when my son asked me, ''Mummy, why you don't have friends?''

:scratchhead: And i realised that he said that because he had his group of 23 classmates with him during his birthday celebration in school!

It was really a joyous occasion, where all his friends wishes him happy birthday and he even earned a few kisses & hugs from some of the girls!

Also, I get to keep memorable pictures of him from the monthly updated blog of their daily life in school!

His teachers really shower him with lots of patience, especially with his milk feeding.
He has always refused milk after i stopped breastfeeding him.
We tried milk bottle to cup with straw and now finally, drinking from cup.
He managed to did it all by himself with the help & encouragements from the teachers!

He really loves to sing & dance.(thanks to the dance programme every thurs)
And, not forgetting his ''please & thank you'', ''May i? You're welcome!''

I am very pleased with his development in CM.
My eyes were set on CM when i saw the word ''Character''
Montessori is a bonus add-on.
Especially in the society now, many of the highly educated people are going down the wrong path.

I am looking forward to see more of the character traits in my child as he grows in CM.

Nothing else matters more than providing him with a secure & happy place for his precious childhood.

It takes both character + learning = success.

xuanHong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ashleywells » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Do you have a friend there?You can also ask them which is the best.

ashleywells
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby blrr » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:07 am

My son and daughter are with character montessori too. Ah Boy K1 and ah gal PN1. They learn very fast when they are happy :smile: my ah gal always tell me her teachers ms letchemi, xu Lao si and yan rong Lao si loves her and she loves them! Ha, bit jealous :grphug:

blrr
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby reneehong » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Gan,

My 2 baobeis are with character Montessori for nearly a year. I highly recommend you to join them so far I recommend 2 of my close friend and they are really satisfied with the service that the staff provide and also the attentiveness from the teachers towards my kids.

The teachers do update me of my kids progress nearly daily.

1st, my ger joined the school when she was 3. that time she could not speak in proper sentence and within 2 months she can finish in proper sentence and now she even correct mi with my words.
2nd, when my son joined the school at 2. he could not speak a single word except papa mama.... after 3 mths he start talking non stop and the words that he say is very very accurate and of coz now at 3 he finishes in sentences, sings a whole nursery song....

I strongly advise you guys to arrange a orientation with the school to let your kids join the class for a day to let them experience.

the school are full of activities and extra curriculam classes that is absorbed by the school. actually that save a lot from our part as a parent.

reneehong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care