Tea Time- What does your childcare feed your children

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Tea Time- What does your childcare feed your children

Postby JHJC » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Dear Parents,
for those of you that send your kids for full day childcare, do you know what they feed your child after their nap/ Tea time?
I saw cakes a few times, another mummy and me decided to take turns to go source and provide the children better food!! We will go buy and pass it to the school.
Any suggestion? .........other than cheap cakes from supermarket?(no cooking required please, we are FTWM) :wink:

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Bakugan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi JHJC :

From the menu at the noticeboard (i vouched with DS the authenticity of the listing... hehe), the centre provides the following :

- red/green bean soup
- small muffins / pandan cakes
- small MALAI GAO (chinese rice cakes)
- nonya kueys
- carrot/ yam cakes
- buttered / peanut butter bread
- red bean buns
- cereal / oatmeal
- sweet potato soup

that's all i can recall... then they will just rotate for the 3rd and 4th week...
Hope these helps. :wink:

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Tea Time- What does your childcare feed your children

Postby Mum-Of-4 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:21 pm

JHJC wrote:I saw cakes a few times, another mummy and me decided to take turns to go source and provide the children better food!! We will go buy and pass it to the school.
Any suggestion? .........other than cheap cakes from supermarket?(no cooking required please, we are FTWM) :wink:

Hi JHJC,

May I intro myself first. I'm a mother of 4 who had recently setup a CCC to establish stronger bonding with my little ones. I'm a newbie in forum hoping to share knowledge and experiences with other parents.

I saw your msg and tot of sharing about the sys in CCC.
Its really totful to have parents coming forward to provide healthy food.

However, all CCC has to 'register' their menu with MCYS and any change in the food served has to be recorded in a book. That's why you'll noticed that all CCC menu is drawn on a monthly basis and will repeat every month/year. This is meant for tracing purpose if there is any case of food-poisoning or food allergies in some children.

I'm not so sure about the CCC your child is in..but you may want to consult their management if they are agreeable to your arrangement.

Cheers

Mum-Of-4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JHJC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Bakugan
thanks for sharing...i will have to check mine.

Mum-of-4
thanks for the reminder.. i will manage that.
If only CCC could ensure that the kids are given healthy food. So what would you give ur children for Tea Break? :wink:
Last edited by JHJC on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Yerdua » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:10 pm

my ds's centre gives
~sandwiches with kaya, cream cheese, tuna twice a week
~cream cakes like banana cake/ swiss roll from the neighbour cake shop once a week
~biscuits/ cookies once a week
Above items are served with green bean water, chyrsantemum tea, honey, milo etc.

~bee hoon/marcoroni soup on day tt serve porridge for lunch once weekly,

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby JHJC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Yerdua
your food sound much better with drinks provided too!

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Bakugan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 am

I agree with mum-of-4, i remember my centre mentioned that the menu needs to be preregistered by the relevant authorities.
DS's centre has a drink (liquid) and solids from the list that i mentioned in various combination.
Even for birthday celebrations done in class, they always request that we inform them in advance what we will be giving to the classmates. So that they can prepare to inform the other parents, if necessary and take note for reporting/tracking purposes. No candies in class policy holds :)

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Mum-Of-4 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi JHJC,

Other than to ensure that the food is easily available, it has to be halal as we have malay children in the center. As such, we provide breakfast/snacks like bread with either peanut butter, jam, cheese or margarine, hard boiled egg, chee cheong fun (from NTUC), cereal with milk, pandan/chiffon cake, mantou and occasionally green bean soup, and drinks are either milo , milk, chinese barley or chrysanthemum.

Regards
Mum-Of-4

Mum-Of-4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care