[Sembawang/Yishun] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Sembawang/Yishun] Preschools

Postby MaxParent » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Title: How is LittleHouse Montessori at 534 Sembawang Road?

Hi,
Does anyone know whether LittleHouse Montesorri at 534 Sembawng Road is good?

My child is 20months old. Any good half day childcare (with good programmes) at Sembawang Area? My mother-in-law does not drive, so I'll need to get school bus as well.

Is Montessori programme good? If not, any recommendation?
Thanks.

MaxParent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How is LittleHouse Montessori at 534 Sembawang Road?

Postby jedamum » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:07 pm

MaxParent wrote:Is Montessori programme good? If not, any recommendation?
Thanks.

My elder boy was on Montessori Phonics when he was 2 years old. While the curriculum was good, the teachers there were not as patient...so we dropped out after 6mths. While he is now happily attending K2 at pcf, the curriculum is very lacking. Have now started Montessori Math for the boy and wished that I could have started earlier.
If finance permits, intend to send younger boy to montessori-based childcare/preschool when the time comes.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: How is LittleHouse Montessori at 534 Sembawang Road?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:46 pm

jedamum wrote:My elder boy was on Montessori Phonics when he was 2 years old. While the curriculum was good, the teachers there were not as patient...so we dropped out after 6mths. While he is now happily attending K2 at pcf, the curriculum is very lacking. Have now started Montessori Math for the boy and wished that I could have started earlier.
If finance permits, intend to send younger boy to montessori-based childcare/preschool when the time comes.

Montessori essentially trains children to be more independent and self confident. It amplifies the child's natural curiosity by putting the child through a series of carefully controlled environments where the child is pretty much left to make his/her own decisions on what to do next in that environment. The proper Montessori schools will observe and record the child's actions, and guidance is provided only in the naming of the parts of the environment. This is to prepare for the child's subsequent new environments so that he/she gets to build on the earlier lessons on a customized basis.

I'm not sure if Montessori promotes better arithmetic thinking, although it obviously benefits logical analysis.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Gd Kindergarten/childcare in Yishun/Sembawang to recommend??

Postby ceshayne » Sat May 17, 2008 9:43 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Hi, any recommendation for kindergarten/childcare in Yishun/Sembawang??
I have been to few kindergarten/childcare but can't find a good and suitable one..
Anyone out there to advise?? Thanks

ceshayne
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby junxiong » Sun May 18, 2008 1:36 am

Hi, me too, looking for the same thing. There is a new kindergarten call Rightstart Kindergarten in Sembawang. It's under the Tumble tots group.
Been asking around, so far no feed back

junxiong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blownup » Sun May 18, 2008 3:26 pm

My Little Campus - they have many branches in Sembawang

blownup
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby alekaooi » Sun May 18, 2008 4:17 pm

My cousin's son is in Little Skool House in Orchid Country Club (Yishun). She said her son enjoys going to school everyday. Another parent from another forum said that it is full till next year.

alekaooi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun May 18, 2008 7:20 pm

junxiong wrote:Hi, me too, looking for the same thing. There is a new kindergarten call Rightstart Kindergarten in Sembawang. It's under the Tumble tots group.

I think the Rightstart Kindergarten is something new. Prior to that, the Rightstart/Tumbletots programme focused mainly at the toddler to nursery level (< 4 yo). Up to 2hrs a day only. Not too sure about this new kindergarten thing, which appears targeted at K1-K2, nor whether they are rigorous in their coverage of the MoE pre-school syllabus.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ceshayne » Mon May 19, 2008 3:38 pm

junxiong wrote:Hi, me too, looking for the same thing. There is a new kindergarten call Rightstart Kindergarten in Sembawang. It's under the Tumble tots group.

Hi, i have got some info from some other parents... My Little Campus and Joy Montessori at sembawang can consider..mainly base on parents expectation..i Will consider either one once visitin all the recommended school..If money isn't your consent, MRC is quite a good place as well.

Anyway thanks for all the information..

regards
Ceshayne

ceshayne
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 19, 2008 4:02 pm

ceshayne wrote:...If money isn't your consent, MRC is quite a good place as well.

Ceshayne, thanks. BTW... what's MRC?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care