All About Pre-school Graduation Concerts

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

All About Pre-school Graduation Concerts

Postby happydaddy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Original Title: K2 grad concert... $200 ex??

There is this child care in the north asking parents to pay $200 for an hour k2 concert for 4 seats. Is it norm to pay $200 for a k2 concert for 4 seats? I find it ridiculous....

Can't they just find a cheap place like in school to do it? Why should the parents bear all the cost???

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: K2 grad concert... $200 ex??

Postby mgsim » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:13 pm

happydaddy wrote:There is this child care in the north asking parents to pay $200 for an hour k2 concert for 4 seats. Is it norm to pay $200 for a k2 concert for 4 seats? I find it ridiculous....

Can't they just find a cheap place like in school to do it? Why should the parents bear all the cost???

Happens to me too. I have to pay over $50 for the concert costume and about $19 per adult seat. I too wonder why they can't have the concert in school anyway, it is just for K2 not even PSLE you know... Guess you are not so happy a daddy now...

mgsim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby qms » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:15 pm

For my son's childcare centre, parents were asked to pay $100 :!: for two costumes because every child would be involved in two plays (one English and one Chinese).

Not sure about the tickets for seats, though. Haven't heard anything from the centre yet.

I find $100 very expensive, too.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:16 pm

if it is not compulsory and you feel the pinch, better to save that $200 for better stuff..ie if your kid is not performing too.
one other childcare i heard of is charging $40/ticket for graduation (last year).

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Anna Ng » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm

My son's CCC is charging $65 for 2 tickets with dinner buffet (the concert is held in the school) and costumes FOC.

My girl’s CCC is charging $65 for 2 tickets without any refreshments & $25 per costumes. Since my girl is only in N1, so we decided not to involve in the concert.

Anna Ng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:53 pm

I think ours was $15 or $20 only for seats tickets. Costume rental was $50 but our school had big intake so I suppose there was economies of scale.

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Anna Ng wrote:My girl’s CCC is charging $65 for 2 tickets without any refreshments & $25 per costumes. Since my girl is only in N1, so we decided not to involve in the concert.

my ds2's kindergarten charges $35 for costumes for N1 students. We were thinking of using that money to 'buy' stage experience for him. But the teachers advised me that ds2 is not ready for performance yet :oops: , so i get to save that $$. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Anna Ng » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:12 pm

jedamum wrote:
Anna Ng wrote:My girl’s CCC is charging $65 for 2 tickets without any refreshments & $25 per costumes. Since my girl is only in N1, so we decided not to involve in the concert.

my ds2's kindergarten charges $35 for costumes for N1 students. We were thinking of using that money to 'buy' stage experience for him. But the teachers advised me that ds2 is not ready for performance yet :oops: , so i get to save that $$. 8)

har? the teacher keep asking us to let my girl to do the performance. But we still think that not worth to spend for the tickets & costume.

Anna Ng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Anna Ng wrote:har? the teacher keep asking us to let my girl to do the performance. But we still think that not worth to spend for the tickets & costume.

ds2's teacher sound quite apologetic when she advised us that ds2 is not ready yet and reassured that practices are only twice a week during curriculum time...i think she worried that we may insist that they let ds2 go on stage. :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:27 pm

We paid $55 for a lame costume.... which obviously cannot be worn again.
and the entire stint was like 7 minutes... :roll: Then had to pay $25 dollars
for 2 seats cause only 2 seats allowed per child. :shock: So even if one can
afford one cannot wave cash to get more people in. :wink:

But then again, to see one's kid on stage for the first time is priceless. :love:

It is also good to see how much stage presence the child has during that
few minutes. Good opportunity for confidence building... for future major
speeches in parliament! Wuahahahaa! :lol:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care