After school recreational programs

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

After school recreational programs

Postby chenSee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 am

Aside of going to CC,, im trying to apply my princess into any recreational program during her free hours..Do you have any good suggestions what are the best recreational programs for the kids w/ age 2-5 yrs. old?? :smile:

chenSee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: After school recreational programs

Postby Dec » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 pm

chenSee wrote:Aside of going to CC,, im trying to apply my princess into any recreational program during her free hours..Do you have any good suggestions what are the best recreational programs for the kids w/ age 2-5 yrs. old?? :smile:

How about music or ballet class?

Dec
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm

How old is she? And how many free hours does she have? Does she have ample time for unstructured play? Filling up all a young child's time is actually not very good as she will have less time to invent creative ways to fill her time. Being bored is actually a good motivator for creativity.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chenSee » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

@Dec, thank you for your suggestions :) i think its quite a good choice since she's a little princess.. i want her to learn any instruments at her young age..specially piano..:)

@slmkhoo she's only 3 yrs. old.. hmm after school she has a total 5 hours vacant.. and you're right being bored is actually a good motivator for creativity. :) thats why im looking for any after school recreational programs near orchard road :D

chenSee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 am

chenSee wrote:@Dec, thank you for your suggestions :) i think its quite a good choice since she's a little princess.. i want her to learn any instruments at her young age..specially piano..:)

@slmkhoo she's only 3 yrs. old.. hmm after school she has a total 5 hours vacant.. and you're right being bored is actually a good motivator for creativity. :) thats why im looking for any after school recreational programs near orchard road :D

At 3yo, I wouldn't bother with many programmes, maybe just 1 or 2 at most. I know many don't agree with me, but 'programmes' and 'creativity' often act against each other.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dec » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:45 am

You are most welcome:)
There are a few enrichment centre at Orchard . Eg: Our music studio( Tanglin mall), The little gym (forum), and this art studio at Ngee Ann City from 2.5y which called Studio Miu Art etc....You may want to check it out:)

Dec
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby chenSee » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm

@DEC,
wow thank you.. i really appreciate it.. :) ill try to visit them soon especially the music studio at tanglin :) can you give me the address of it??

i also read som good articles online..about the different recreational programs
that can be found near Orchard road :)

http://www.articleblast.com/Kids_and_Te ... ard_Road_/

chenSee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care