Budget <=$500 per month for a preschool?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Budget <=$500 per month for a preschool?

Postby octbride » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi All

I am looking for a half day good preschool.Have budget which is <=500 per month.

Any recommendation

octbride
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby schellen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 am

You didn't specify where you live in your profile so which area are you looking at?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby octbride » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Central area :)

octbride
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby schellen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:17 pm

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby octbride » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:56 pm

thank you for your prompt response.

I have a dilemma and hope you can advise me.
I am looking for a preschool/kindergarten for my 2 year old daughter and i am those who want to prepare my daughter academically for pri 1.

I have few schools in mind and i dun knw which is good.
Pat school house, Lorna. Do you have any idea?

My friend was telling me dun need to choose a good preschool or kindergarten as we will STILL supplement with enrichment classes. Whats ur opinion.

Loss

octbride
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Budget <=$500 per month for a preschool?

Postby titank » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:01 pm

octbride wrote:Hi All

I am looking for a half day good preschool.Have budget which is <=500 per month.

Any recommendation

You may consider this one where 1/2 day is <=$200
Appleland Playhouse
Address: 104C, Depot Road, #01 - 03, Singapore 103104
Contact Number: +65 63770800

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 pm

octbride wrote:My friend was telling me dun need to choose a good preschool or kindergarten as we will STILL supplement with enrichment classes. Whats ur opinion.

Loss

We sent our DD to full-day childcare and we did not have to supplement with any academic-based enrichment. She only attends piano and ballet lessons on Saturdays because she asked for them, and has been doing so for more than a year for piano and since 3 or 4 for ballet. We enrolled her in speech and drama since she enjoyed it and it was provided by the childcare centre. She is now in P1 and doing well. The only thing she still needs help in is Chinese but that was our fault for not using it at home and with her. Even then, she doesn't attend enrichment for Chinese; I just spend more time to coach her at home so that she can keep up with her class. (By the way, I'm a FTWM.)

In conclusion, it just depends on what you want to believe in. If you believe that enrichment classes are a must, no matter how good the preschool is, you will still sign your child up for enrichment classes. However, if you believe that there are preschools that will help your child make a smooth transition into P1, you will find a preschool that does this to put your mind at ease.

Do note that whether your child is ready for P1 also depends on which pri sch you choose for her. My DD goes to a neighbourhood sch which was the first choice for all 3 of us. During the first term or so, they covered what she had already learned in K1 and K2 so when it was time to learn new stuff, she was ready. If your DD goes to an "elite" or SAP pri sch, the circumstances may be different.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care