Did student care center close during excursion

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Did student care center close during excursion

Postby pqy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:58 am

Dear parents,

Can anyone enlighten me, do your kid's student care center close during excursion activities? My child's student care center organised holiday programme but stated that for those not joining parent have to make arrangement to care the kids and the center is close. They have 4 outdoor acitivities for the whole June holidays.

Yesterday the haze PSI hits high, i called the center would they cancel today's zoo trip and the answer was no and this morning when i send my boy there the teacher said they still going. I was so sad and disappointed with such irresponsible center. They just carry out their task without think of childs's health.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Did student care center close during excursion

Postby ngl2010 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:47 am

The NEA website stated this for North area:

"The following groups should remain indoors and keep activity levels low: •People with heart or lung disease •Children and older adults. Everyone else should avoid all physical activity outdoors."

Maybe the center is not aware?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 am

Not right. The student care should cater to all students going / not going to the excursion as it is not a closing day for the student care. My kids student care will have some teachers accompany kids to go for excursion and for those kids not going, they will stay behind with some teachers. Usually the ones staying behind will have nothing much to do - teacher may allow them to read or watch TV or do some activity (like art and craft) on their own.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am

Pen88n wrote:Not right. The student care should cater to all students going / not going to the excursion as it is not a closing day for the student care. My kids student care will have some teachers accompany kids to go for excursion and for those kids not going, they will stay behind with some teachers. Usually the ones staying behind will have nothing much to do - teacher may allow them to read or watch TV or do some activity (like art and craft) on their own.

I agree. Excursions should be optional and kids not attending the event should be given the choice to continue normal childcare activities. However, this is entirely a business decision of the childcare centres. I don't think there is any regulation covering this.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby pqy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 am

Hi ngl2010, no the center's principal and the teacher fully aware. They just entertained me said will see the PSI this morning to confirm. Anyway they decided to go. In such last minutes arrangement made me no choice just let my boy go with them. Let him wear mask and cap.

Hi Pen88n and chief kiasu, fully agreed with urs. The center was new but they are not listen to what i have feedback so far. Even child care center they cancelled all the outdoor excursion during they these hazy period and HFMD.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pqy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am

Child care center was governed by MYS. How about student care center in singapore?

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby nms1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:55 am

Childcare centres are only allowed to close for 7 days each year and you must be given two month's notice. The only way they should close for excursion is if they include it as one of those 7 days and give you the appropriate notice. If not, you can complain to MCYS.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pqy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:34 pm

nms1 wrote:Childcare centres are only allowed to close for 7 days each year and you must be given two month's notice. The only way they should close for excursion is if they include it as one of those 7 days and give you the appropriate notice. If not, you can complain to MCYS.

Hi nms1, I think student care center not governed by MCYS? I am still searching which authority i should seek for help if there is any unhappiness and unfair policy implemented by the center.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Imami » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:23 pm

nms1 wrote:Childcare centres are only allowed to close for 7 days each year and you must be given two month's notice. The only way they should close for excursion is if they include it as one of those 7 days and give you the appropriate notice. If not, you can complain to MCYS.

7 days? I thought it's 6?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm

pqy wrote:

Hi nms1, I think student care center not governed by MCYS? I am still searching which authority i should seek for help if there is any unhappiness and unfair policy implemented by the center.

I think student care is under the purview of the ministry of social and family devt.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care