What is the right ratio in preschool?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

What is the right ratio in preschool?

Postby ahgirl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Anyone know what is the correct teacher ratio with students in preschool?
My boy is in Masterpiece Preschool, their pricipal has been adding more and more students in the class but not teacher.

And they keep changing teachers and assistant teachers.

I'm very concern with the individualise attention given to each children, children learning progess and value.
:cry:

Any suggestions?

ahgirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

teacher-child ratio

Postby lingzshez » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:45 am

Hi ah girl..

the correct teacher-child ration in preschools for the diff age groups are as follows:
18 mths to 2 yrs old - 1 tcher : 8 chdn
2 to 3 yrs old - 1 tcher : 12 chdn
3 to 4 yrs old - 1 tcher : 15 chdn
4 to 5 yrs old - 1 tcher : 25 chdn
5 to 6 yrs old - 1 tcher : 25 chdn

i can understand ur concern regarding the turn over rate of the tchers.. its very very VERY impt tt the chdn gets a consistent tcher throughout their schooling years, if not, not only will it hinder their learning, you'll slowly realise it has an adverse effect to their behaviour, cos there is not a consistent figure to guide them.. the educational figure "sways", chdn also "sways".. if you get what i mean..

you may also want to ask the in-charge how long has the tchers being arnd in the school. This will roughly give u an idea hw bad/gd is the staff turnover rate. sometimes high turnover rates in the school like what you've mentioned could be a tell tale sign of bad management..

lingzshez
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby caroline3sg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:09 am

For infant care, why go cc and pay $1000 or $1500? Can get nanny at $500 (half or a third of the price) and it is 1 to 1. Also, not subjected to cough & flu.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care