Why more and more student care closing down?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Why more and more student care closing down?

Postby loonshi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Am looking for student care for my son for next year. Called up a few student care in sengkang and a few said they are ceasing operations for student care next year.

One of the student care said is due to more primary schools going to one session and they have activities/enrichment classes after school.

Is that true? Can current mummies advise?

If that's the case, does it mean they can stay in school till we fetch them at 6pm?

Otherwise, where can the students go after school since everyday their finish timing is different and if I find a student care that requires to take a school bus then school bus won't be able to send my son to the student care if he finish school at different timing at certain days of the week.

I really need advises from parents whose kids are now in Primary school and they are going to a non in-house student care.

Thank you!

loonshi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Why more and more student care closing down?

Postby insider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:42 pm

loonshi wrote:Am looking for student care for my son for next year. Called up a few student care in sengkang and a few said they are ceasing operations for student care next year.

One of the student care said is due to more primary schools going to one session and they have activities/enrichment classes after school.

Is that true? Can current mummies advise?

If that's the case, does it mean they can stay in school till we fetch them at 6pm?

Otherwise, where can the students go after school since everyday their finish timing is different and if I find a student care that requires to take a school bus then school bus won't be able to send my son to the student care if he finish school at different timing at certain days of the week.

I really need advises from parents whose kids are now in Primary school and they are going to a non in-house student care.

Thank you!

Reasons of closing down:

1. Ah Gong said going to implement single session and so operator not renewing lease when lease expires.

2. More in-school student care services.

3. Rent keep rising and most parents unwilling to pay higher fees = not profitable or insignificant profit.

4. Parents' expectations are getting higher = more difficult to make money coz need better teachers who are difficult to get and if can get, they come in high price tag.

Yes, I will also close down my student care next year... (my student care service is a money losing part of my centre from Day 1 (and I have been offering it for about 5 years). Having it as a 'service' for parents who require the service after their K2 kids graduate. But have to finally stop it coz just doesn't make sense to use up my expensive space for such money-losing business over a long term and sometime still kena 'ungrateful' parents who complain and complain about 'teachers not teaching'. Per month only $400 (per day about $20). Incl one meal with a breakfast or tea. Some more want tuition-like service. 钱难赚啊!)

insider
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care