Pink Tower Montessori

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Pink Tower Montessori

Postby Twinkiestars » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:14 pm

Anyone has children attending this montessori? Any feedback on teachers or their programs especially nursery? Lovely setup but not too sure about their curriculum, any feedback will be appreciated!

Twinkiestars
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Pink Tower Montessori

Postby mooncalf » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 am

audrey came across very confident of her programme and it seems the place is well set up.

but i would love to see more feedback from parents who have kids there?

the fees are a little expensive for me.

mooncalf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Koalamum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Anyone has placed their children there ?
Do share your experience

Koalamum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Koalamum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:18 pm

What's the teachers like and any feedback on the program

Koalamum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby AlanisStorm » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Pink Tower Montessori at Tembeling Road (Katong) is a horrid Montessori by the way.
Looks good only on the externals. A lot of hype put into being showy.
They claim to have term by term exposure of the kids to different countries' cultures and a lot of arty stuff.

My child was there but what I discovered that underneath all these showy claims, was that the teachers were:
1. Inefficient in communicating with the parents. They passed information on sudden school closures NOT through the teachers but by asking the bus driver to inform us (the bus driver is a contracted service and not even from the school!) You can write a question to a teacher in the communications notebook and there is no response from them for days!
2. A lot of time put into so-called graduation concert at the year end - and it is very pricey - kids who don't pay the price to be a part of it, end up being neglected the whole term as the teachers don't teach AT ALL in term 4, spending 95 percent of the time on the lousy concert.
3. They charge about 1000 dollars a month! And the teachers are obviously very young and inexperienced.
4. They overcharge for field trips - a field trip to Changi Airport cost close to 40 dollars and the kids were only fed half a burger and there was no special access to any area in Changi Airport that required money. Basically all the charges went to the bus alone! Fishy. If you don't join the field trips, then you can't send your kid to school that day and you lose out on the school fees you paid for that day.
5. The only thing they are speedy in, are collecting your fees.
6. Lots of international kids there - but poor value for money if you ask me, even if your husband's company is picking up the bill.

AlanisStorm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Twinkiestars » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Hmm that doesn't sound like a very good setup? If they are charging fees at that level I would expect better teaching or at least good communication. @ AlanisStorm are your kids still there and wondering if there has been any improvement this year?

Twinkiestars
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Koalamum » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:19 am

I met up with the owners who are sisters and i thought they seem pleasant and sincere. They even went to explain all about the montessori method.
Unless i was duped

Koalamum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care