Sunshine kids care centre@punggol

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Postby the lost newbee » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Anyone send their child to Sunshine kids care centre@ Punggol?

I m planning to send my boy to PG next year. I cant find any recent comments on this cc. Appreciate some feedback from anyone here .. thanks in advance!

the lost newbee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby the lost newbee » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Anyone send their child to Sunshine kids care centre@ Punggol?

I m planning to send my boy to PG next year. I cant find any recent comments on this cc. Appreciate some feedback from anyone here .. thanks in advance!

the lost newbee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Sunshine kids care centre@punggol

Postby heyhoe » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:47 am

Just sharing that I viewed this place a few years ago (not sure of the changes) and spoke to the principal. She seems like a very approachable lady. However, my kids didn't end up there.

Reason being, I didn't quite like the place - quite dark at that point of time and there also operate as student care.

Hope this helps.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby the lost newbee » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Hi heyhoe, thanks for your reply!
I had d same feeling for the principal when I spoke to her at the first visit. But after several visits without appointment, she looks fine and answer all my questions patiently. I agree with you, d place quite dim. But the good point is d place is neat, clean and organised. I dropped by n spot check, d kids looks happy and the teachers/helper looks friendly. I m in dilemma if want to send my 2yr old child there bcoz its not my first choice. But most of the punggol childcare ctrs r fully book or long waiting list... may I know what do mean by student care? Could u plz elaborate? Thanks a lot!

the lost newbee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby heyhoe » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am

Student care are the place where primary school children goes to after school or before school. I'm not sure if they still offer student care, perhaps you can check on that.

I agree with you most childcare in Punggol are fully booked. I had no choice but to place my child at a childcare in Punggol 24th. Location wise it is not ideal but I was desperate.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby the lost newbee » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi heyhoe, thanks for your info. Yes, they still offer student care.
Which childcare ctr in Punggol 24th your child is placed in? Bright Juniors, Lovingkids, Ecokidd or carpe diem? Except carpe diem, the rest should have vancancy for next year as per enquiry few weeks ago.

the lost newbee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby heyhoe » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:00 am

Hi,

My ds3 is still in the childcare at Punggol 24th, not carpe diem. He's been there since playgroup. Overall it is okay but not fantastic. I still supplement with other enrichments to help him cope.

If you're still interested, PM me okay?

Cheers,

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Happy Hippo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Mummies,

JTS my bad experiences. When we view the sch, the principal was very nice and patience in answering all our questions.

However, my child was there for 6 mths and they hardly update me on my child progress. I had to call and ask myself. Their reply is they only update us during PTC, which is twice a year. Or unless there is smth to inform us.

During the haze period, they dont close window all time. One morning, it hit 150+ and I can smell the burning. I walked into principal room to ask if they gona close window. She ignore me, the vice principal replied they only close window when hit certain level. They follow EDCA guideline.

My hub called in to check with principal again when haze level goes up. Replied she has no time to keep track of haze level. just hang up the phone - no Hi, Bye. We are surprised this coming from her, who was very nice during interview. An educator who don't practice basic manner, how do I trust my kid in her care.

Teachers are good but they dont have air purifier in sch, only humidifier so we decided to pull him out for health reason..
Last edited by Happy Hippo on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Hippo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RCR Babies » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Happy Hippo,
Sorry can I ask you, this Sunshine Kids, do they offer the After School Care for older kids attending Primary School?

TIA/Linda

RCR Babies
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Mojito9724 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:07 am

Happy Hippo wrote:Hi Mummies,

JTS my bad experiences. When we view the sch, the principal was very nice and patience in answering all our questions.

However, my child was there for 6 mths and they hardly update me on my child progress. I had to call and ask myself. Their reply is they only update us during PTC, which is twice a year. Or unless there is smth to inform us.

During the haze period, they dont close window all time. One morning, it hit 150+ and I can smell the burning. I walked into principal room to ask if they gona close window. She ignore me, the vice principal replied they only close window when hit certain level. They follow EDCA guideline.

My hub called in to check with principal again when haze level goes up. Replied she has no time to keep track of haze level. just hang up the phone - no Hi, Bye. We are surprised this coming from her, who was very nice during interview. An educator who don't practice basic manner, how do I trust my kid in her care.

Teachers are good but they dont have air purifier in sch, only humidifier so we decided to pull him out for health reason..

wow, thanks for the heads-up!

Mojito9724
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care