MOE kindergarten, PAP community foundation or others?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

MOE kindergarten, PAP community foundation or others?

Postby _linda_ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but I hope to participate actively in the coming months.

I was looking through the kindergartens in Singapore but found it hard to navigate through the different options available... Of the kindergartens that I found, MOE kindergarten and PAP community foundation seem to be the 'safer' options. I may be wrong, so I hope to hear some of your opinions on these kindergartens.

I was also wondering what are the other options that I have? Do you know one that provides a more holistic education for my kid?

Thanks! :)

_linda_
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: MOE kindergarten, PAP community foundation or others?

Postby cherrygal » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:54 pm

There are many privately run centres as well. For me, I prefer the mid-tier private centres that are located in landed estates. Preferably those that have operated for many years. One thing, they are less crowded so teachers are not so stressed up. The other thing is, I can just drive straight into the car porch when it's raining cats and dogs. And for those that have operated long enough, it proves that their curriculum should be OK for P1 prep. Curriculum to me is third priority coz we still send the kid to extra enrichment outside.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi, MOE has begun recruitment of teachers for MOE kindergartens and I have heard that many teachers all over Singapore have tried applying for the teachers' positions in MOE kindergartens. However, MOE is very selective of its preschool teachers and Crème de la crème teachers will be selected and some of these best teachers will be crossing over to MOE kindergartens from preschool anchor operators in Singapore. Pay wise will be good, if not why teachers will want to cross over. Sad to say, anchor operators will be losing a good portion of these excellent teachers.

I foresee one day in Singapore, our local preschool sector will be taught by foreigners hired from China, Philippines, India etc and the number of young local Chinese Singapore teachers are dwindling due to salary / welfare factors. The only way to resolve the issue of retaining teachers in preschools is to offer high competitive salaries with good benefits to retain them. Rather than to see the ones in management as the ones who are important, shouldn't it be time to rethink that the teachers are the core of the sustainability of local preschools in Singspore. Teachers are the most important criteria as through words of mouth, parents will know which schools have "good" teachers and all parents will flock there to register their children. I feel it's time the early childhood education sector should be fine-tuned to understand why there is a high turnover rate of teachers in this sector.

An article for sharing: http://m.todayonline.com//commentary/ki ... es-village

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby diy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am

_linda_ wrote:Hi all,

I was looking through the kindergartens in Singapore but found it hard to navigate through the different options available... Of the kindergartens that I found, MOE kindergarten and PAP community foundation seem to be the 'safer' options. I may be wrong, so I hope to hear some of your opinions on these kindergartens.

I was also wondering what are the other options that I have? Do you know one that provides a more holistic education for my kid?

Hi,
There is an Information Session on the MOE Kindergarten which is opened to public too this coming Saturday 21/9/13 (9-11am). Registration is needed on the spot which starts @ 8.30am. Venue: Farrer Park Primary School. You may attend it with your kid to find out more details there!

Cheers!

diy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sembgal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 pm

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bmch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:00 pm

diy wrote:
_linda_ wrote:Hi all,

Hi,
There is an Information Session on the MOE Kindergarten which is opened to public too this coming Saturday 21/9/13 (9-11am). Registration is needed on the spot which starts @ 8.30am. Venue: Farrer Park Primary School. You may attend it with your kid to find out more details there!

Cheers!

I am also thinking about what linda had mentioned. Not sure if it will be "safer", that the children will be better prepared for primary schools especially those who are not attending any other enrichment outside school hours. And I think I am late for the MOE event. :gloomy:

bmch
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Carl_02 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Yeah, I also prefer mid-tier kindergarten for kids. I am living in Arizona and my kid is enrolled with Phoenix pre-k school locally. The school is mid-tier and provide kids with day care.

Carl_02
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bunnymum » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Anyone who has child in MOE kindergarten currently?
What are your view on their curriculum?

bunnymum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lyra » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:09 am

Hi! I'll also like to know more MOE kindergarten. I'm interested to apply for my son for the one at Punggol View Pri Sch.

lyra
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Littlebabygirlgirl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 am

Hi,

Does anyone have any view to share about k1 n kcare at west spring primary? Actually my girl has been in her current pte childcare centre and she is happy there. However, her sis will be entering p1 soon so i jus wonder should i transfer her for convenience? But i also like to minimize any changes to her as far as possible.

Thanks.

Littlebabygirlgirl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care