Parent toddler accompanied classes

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Parent toddler accompanied classes

Postby Shoe_ling » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:02 am

Hi does anyone have experience with parent accompanied toddler classes to recommend? My son is now 21 mths old. Thanks!

Shoe_ling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Parent toddler accompanied classes

Postby clearjade » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 am

What kind of classes are you looking for? My boy isn't in school yet so I bring him to playgroups once or twice a week depending on our schedule.

So far we've tried playgroups for Mandarin (singing & activities), music (English) and music + physical play at http://www.gymboree.com.sg/ in Harbourfront.

clearjade
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Shoe_ling » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 am

Hi clearjade,
Thanks for your reply. Do u find the classes useful for your son? How old is he? I'm looking for something that would enrich his learning, no particular area. I heard of Julia Gabriel's centre, weecare, kindermusik, Yamaha, and bibinogs. Anyone has tried any of these? What are your experiences? Or have any other recc?

Thanks!

Shoe_ling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby clearjade » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:32 pm

He will be 3 years old in November. He has liked every playgroup that I've tried with him, but his favourite activity is song & dance so any playgroup that uses that method is a hit with him. In the beginning (I started taking him to playgroups when he was 2 years old) he was a bit shy but now he knows what to expect and listens eagerly and participates happily without any prompting from me. Now he is one of the older kids in the playgroups because most children are attending childcare at his age.

I've heard of the others that you mentioned but have not tried because I need our schedule to be flexible so I'm not able to commit to a playgroup that requires payment by term. I tend to go for the playgroups that allow walk-ins and pay only when we attend.

clearjade
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Shoe_ling » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Where can I find these playgroups that accept walk ins and payment per session?

Shoe_ling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby clearjade » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm using Meetup to find drop-in playgroups. There is a mix of those that require you to purchase a package and those that are just drop-in so make sure to read the descriptions carefully :)

clearjade
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Shoe_ling » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:30 am

Okie thanks! Are there many locals in these playgroups or usually mostly Caucasian kids?

Shoe_ling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby clearjade » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm

There's usually a good mix of local & expat children. You can also see who has RSVP'ed on the Meetup website for the playgroup to get an idea of who is going.

clearjade
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Shoe_ling » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks so much for your advice! Really appreciate it!

Shoe_ling
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby claudia lee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi,
I have been sending my boy to playgroup in town, they are usually far from my place or expensive.

Lately, I found a playgroup in Sengkang. It is run by a mom with experience in speech and drama.... (If I am not wrong) The cost is reasonable compared to classes I have gone to and it allows an adult to accompany the child.

My boy did craft work, were introduced to letter, letter sounds, numbers, colours..... He enjoyed the story telling and dramatic play : )

Trying calling her at 81013295.

claudia lee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care