Is it normal to use iphone to teach kids

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Is it normal to use iphone to teach kids

Postby JurongWestMum » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:48 am

Dear mums,

My kids is in play group in one of the private child care center (we paid 1700 per month). There are three things which trouble me and I would like to know if that is the normal practice in other day care center as well.

1. There is no details of morning reading sessions, song sessions, and story telling sessions, except a theme, such as red or blue. I was told by principle that teachers will pick up books based on the theme of the day. Since there are too many books, it is a choice of teacher.

2. Iphone (smart phone) is used as an education tool. Teacher will hold a screen as big as palm, and students will look into it and listen to music. The music are from yutube. Kids are also watching the advertisement while it is displayed.

3. The teacher to child ratio is 1-6. However, in the afternoon, we observe due to 2-3 half day kids, there are only one teacher in each class and two classes will be merged into one. A big group of kids playing together in the last 2 hours of the day, with only 2 teachers taking care of a herd of about 15-18 kids.

I am disappointed to find out this in the first few days. Is above arrangement norm in other day care centers as well? I am more interested in the day care centers with the same price range.

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care