Childcare centre meals

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Childcare centre meals

Postby sesame2319 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi

My child just started cc two mths back and since then have been coming home hungry, request for food will start from the time i pick her up and she can be eating all the way until dinner time, whereby she will still eat a portion of it.

Checked with the cc, they claim she is eating well and they serve reasonable portions. they suggested that it could be higher activity levels in cc hence her bigger appetite....however i do get same feedback about super hungry kids from other mummies i met from the cc.

Is this the normal behavior for cc kids?

Also, the supervisor seemed rather protective of the meal menu pasted on their notice board. she did not allow me to take a picture of it and instead said that its better to write it down due to "copy rights". However its a 4 weekly rotational one, so quite impossible to just "write it down".

btw, as it a new cc started mid of this year, she claimed that the menu is not fixed and according to the shown copy as they are still figuring out the childrens level of acceptance to the texture of food?! I found this a bit strange but did not pursue the matter lest i be labelled as a kaisu mum. thought to just back off and give them time to adjust.....?

any advice/ sharings on such matter? Thanks for your time :?:

sesame2319
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Childcare centre meals

Postby patntee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:00 pm

I also experienced the same when my kids started childcare. For their centre, the 4 weeks meal menu in pdf format is circulated to parents via email. The portions served can be small as some children are small eaters, so you can ask your child if she eats one or two bowls, and encourage her to ask for second bowl. Also for picky eaters, they may eat less if they don't like the menu for the day. For me I also observed the other children, and they looked generally well fed so that helped to alleviate some anxiety.

patntee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby nms1 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Portions do tend to be small if your child is a big eater so encourage her to ask for more. My boys virtually always eat 2-3 servings for lunch. I also make sure that they eat breakfast at home as well as at school so that they start the day off well especially if breakfast is something they are less keen on.

It is probably true that she does feel more hungry due to having a busier day as well but if it continues and if other parents agree then you should raise the matter again.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby janicekwek » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:38 am

Hihi,

My boy is 3... Recently his cc told us that they are going to
Stop milk intake for him in school.

Is it a norm for cc to do it?

janicekwek
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby nms1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:19 pm

janicekwek wrote:Hihi,

My boy is 3... Recently his cc told us that they are going to
Stop milk intake for him in school.

Is it a norm for cc to do it?

My children's CC has milk as an optional extra for all levels - $13 per month for one carton with their afternoon snack.

They do also sometimes have milk or Milo with breakfast which is included as part of the meal.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care