Advice on N2 in East area

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Advice on N2 in East area

Postby Jade18 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi I live in the Changi North area and have a hard time finding a good school for my turning 3 year old. I've searched high and low before finding the current one based on a friend's recommendation. However it seems to not turn out well as she's now refusing to go to school and kicks up a big fuss. This is unusual as since 18mths when she started attending schools, she always loves going to classes. We are wondering if it's a daily program as it's 4.5hrs everyday vs 3 to 4 times a week at 2hrs. But spot check reveals that it seems the school doesn't seem to have teachers equipped to managed kids her age. The last few days, she has been painting at home and has used mainly black as the colour. We are really worried now and would like advice if there are other good schools to recommend in the East area. We are both working parents hence need schools which has school bus services and hopefully not too far awa. Many thanks!

Jade18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MMM » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi,

We used to stay at changi north area. Observed that alot of our neighbours send their kids to the Bethesda church kindy (near spore expo). I am not sure if they've program for N2, you might want to check.

My sil who is also a changi north resident used to send my nephew to apple tree and subsequently PCF at Tampines area.

The 2 options above have school bus to ferry the kids.

I don't think there are much options at the changi north area. So you might want to look at Changi or simei or tampines area.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jade18 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi How did they find the schools? I know where we stay is really ulu and I feel very bad that my girl's academic is at risk due to this.

Jade18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MMM » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi Jade,

I can't tell about the other kids. But I just observed that quite a no. of the kids in the development studied at bethesda.

For my nephew, he is P3 this year and studying at GEP school. I suppose if you are concerned that your kid is not going to a good pre-school, you can consider bringing her for enrichment on weekends. This is within your control unlike moving house.

Which development are you staying at? We used to stay at Ballota Park. Our unit is currently rented out. We only moved out last year. Prior to that, I put my kids at my mum's place in katong area so they were able to attend a preschool in that area.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jade18 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Many thanks for your advice. I'm staying in Edelweiss Park now and actually we plan to move out when my girl is going for Primary school as the primary school will be too far away. For now cos we need my MIL's help so we have to stay put. One of my neighbour just recommended Jeet's at Loyang Besar but I can't seem to find any input so far. Have you heard of this?

Jade18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MMM » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi,

Never heard of Jeet's. Is it at those landed property area?

I recall seeing a kinderland at loyang point previously. But it is probably a childcare centre. Maybe you can tap on those Pasir Ris kindy for now.

Changi North area is actually very convenient if you drive. There are 3 major expressways to choose from. When we were staying there, my girl was studying at circuit road. She got on the bus at 11.45am (last before the auntie hit the expressway). She got home by 7.10pm.

Now that we are at upper serangoon area, it appears that though we are more central BUT travelling time is not necessarily shorter due to heavier traffic. Till now my hubby still feel that changi north area is better if you drive.

Good luck with you search.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jade18 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi MMM many thanks even just 'speaking' here helps ease my worries. I used to stay in Upper Serangoon also. :) everything was quite easy for school but moving to Changi North changes that. I do agree that driving helps and as we both love the east we are looking to stay in that area. But not this far east! Unfortunately I'm hardly around and even when I am I don't drive. So it doesn't help the situation. I'm thinking of making my girl stay for another period at her current school before deciding. sigh...

Jade18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jerejoy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi,

How abt Bethesda Katong Kindergarten? Here is the website http://www.bfec.org.sg/bkk/general-information.html

I will be sending my boy when he turns 3. However, when he turns 4, I will send him to Holy Grace Kindergarten. The reason is the teachers converse mostly in Mandarin which is good since we don't speak mandarin at home and they only accepts kids from 4 yrs old.

jerejoy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jade18 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 am

Hi this might be too far away for us. I hope to find within the Changi/ Pasir Ris/ Tampines/ Loyang vicinities as these areas are within reach if I've to ask my MIL or maid to assist. Many thanks!

Jade18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care