Little skool house@Tampines Junc or Bright Juniors@Temasek

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Little skool house@Tampines Junc or Bright Juniors@Temasek

Postby Stadthuy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:45 pm

First time mummy, My daughter turns 18mth end of this year. Registered her at both Little Skool House @ Tampines Junction and Bright Juniors @ Temasek Green (in Temasek Poly campus). Difficult to find feedbacks and reviews for both preschools. Couldn't make my mind where to send her. Please give your kind advise.

Stadthuy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Little skool house@Tampines Junc or Bright Juniors@Temas

Postby jd_macy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi I am also considering these both for my son's N1 enrollment next march. Have u visited the centres yet? Care to share any information? I am arranging to visit them next following sat. Thank you!

jd_macy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Stadthuy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Bright juniors look clean and tidy. Will attend little skool house orientation on 27 dec.

Stadthuy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JJChow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi, may I know anyone have any updates on the reviews for bright Juniors @ temasek poly? I intend to put my son there.

JJChow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yippie131 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi Mummies,
Anyone can comment among LSH, Bright Juniors and another new center called Childfirst, which CC is better? LSH seems to have a super long waititng list while Childfirst seems to be expensive. I have yet to explore Bright Juniors at Temasek Poly, appreciate any form of input...

yippie131
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MsJC » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi mummies,

I am a newbie as I was searching desperately for another childcare for my child who is still in Bright Juniors Temasek Poly. I had regretted my decision terribly to transfer to this school early this year. Of course, I had myself to blame as I failed to conduct my due diligence when looking for a new school. I had prioritized my own convenience at the expense of my child's safety and learning development.

So I decided to pen this bad experience down so that parents will be fully aware of what they are signing their precious kids for. I hope I will be as impartial when stating the comments below.

1. Safety - anyone can just enter the "latched gate" separating the holding area and classrooms in the morning and evening. I had witnessed this more than once.

2. Cleanliness and hygiene- most Monday mornings, the school will reek of strong urine stench. I think the sanitation system is faulty.
Children are not allowed to wear footwear in the compound but yet, teachers wear slippers/flip flops in the compound. I had also noticed that they did not bother to change when going to the toilet that is situated outside the school main entrance. I am deeply concerned of the bacteria they had transferred from the public toilet back to the classrooms.

3. Teacher-child ratio- as my child is in Nursery, there are 32 kids in one area. Though the register separates them into 2 classes of 16kids, there is only 1 form teacher to each class and a "floating" Chinese teacher to both class. Either my child's uniform/underwear goes missing or pants were worn inside out. The teachers just couldn't manage! There is bound to have absentees in the class every week.

4. Teachers' Quality- standards of the educators were not as good and caring as compared to our previous school (along east coast road) and the previous school fees was much more affordable too! In Bright Juniors, Teachers use their mobile phones freely in the classrooms where kids are still around. Most teachers behaved indifferently to kids; only exception are the school vice principal and 1 senior English teacher whom seem more patient and caring. The new principal just joined 1month ago.

I was really puzzled why no negative feedback was given to this school, then I found out that Temasek Poly staff only pays a fraction of the school fees! It works out to be a couple of hundreds only. Maybe this could be the reason why. So dear parents, I sincerely urge you to visit the school, ask as many questions to the principal and teachers, stay longer than expected to observe before registration.

Hope this is helpful to you. However if I had offended anyone unintentionally, I do apologize as the above are purely my observations and experiences.

Thank you and good luck..

MsJC
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jsmom » Thu May 21, 2015 10:52 pm

MsJc, thank you so much for your feedback of Bright Juniors. Was searching for review of this sch and saw yours. I will most likely give this sch a miss.

jsmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MsJC » Fri May 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi jsmom, don't mention. This is the least I can do to deter more parents from going through the misery I had been through. We are mostly working moms and I empathize how important it is to find a relatively good and safe preschool for our precious tots. You may also like to know that within these 2 months, 4 Nursery kids including mine had withdrawn from Bright Juniors @ Temasek Poly.

I wish you best of luck!

MsJC
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kokonutic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:21 am

Any latest feedbacks or reviews on LSH @ tampines?

kokonutic
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care