[Serangoon/Paya Lebar] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Serangoon/Paya Lebar] Preschools

Postby chia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:29 pm

Title: Help required!!

anyone can help to recommend a gd childcare in serangoon/hougang for my little girl?? Thanks

chia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Help required!!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:05 pm

chia wrote:anyone can help to recommend a gd childcare in serangoon/hougang for my little girl?? Thanks

Hi chia, you should at least state the age of your girl if you want more constructive help. There are differences between infant care, child care, pre-schools and kindergarten. What you are specifically looking for?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby chia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:23 pm

thanks, my girl is 5 yrs old k1 this year looking for a child care or a pre school :D

chia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri May 02, 2008 4:29 pm

If your child is 5, should she not already be in Kindergarten? It's already May. Are you moving her to another kindergarten?

You may try the PCS Sparkletots (aka. PAP Kindergartens) in your area. Alternatively, here is a list of kindergartens in your area:
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/kinde ... r1=hougang

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Resources for preschools and childcare

Postby awlyn1994 » Fri May 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi Chia,
You can check out MCYS website for list of child care centres by locality (http://app.mcys.gov.sg/web/serv_dss_dis ... vices_Id=4) as well as MOE's website for kindergartens http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/prescho ... dergarten/ (note the difference between the two).

I'm also looking for some playgroups for my son (currently 10mths plus) for next year. Hopefully one with flexi arrangements e.g. 3d/wk

Let me know if anyone has any recommendation for me in the AMK/Thomson/Bradell/Toa Payoh area.

awlyn1994
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Any good CCC to recommend in Upp Serangoon precinct

Postby ratatat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:31 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Hi,

I'm a newbie trying to look for a good CCC to enrol my 20 mths-old girl. The good ones that I read about are really too far away..
As she is presently looked after by my MIL, I would prefer that the CC be near MIL's plc (Serangoon Ave 1).

I have shortlisted a few but am not sure how they compare up nor have found any reviews on them. Will appreciate if any fellow forumers here have any experiences to share:

1. Masterpiece
2. Smartgro Tiny Tots
3. Elfa (part of Crestar franchise)
4. Bethel Kindergarden
5. PCF Sparkletots Bradell

masterpiece is more exp compared to the rest. presumably being an associate school of patschoolhse. i dun mind putting her there but would like to gather some feedback first.

rgds

ratatat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Any good CCC to recommend in Upp Serangoon

Postby caroline3sg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 am

Hi
I do not recommend CCC at such young age. Your child will get sick easily, flu, cough, HFMD. Wait until she is older (ie nursery). If really no choice, then get a nanny.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ratatat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 am

Thks for the advice.

So half-day playgroup will be a better choice instead at this age?
She is now getting more difficult for my MIL to manage where most of the time she will just be put infront of the TV ...

i'm starting to get worried with her behaviour.. v impatient and keeps whining if never get her wants.. even tell me to '走开, 走开'...

ratatat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mintcc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:08 pm

hmmm I think the behavior thin is common for most kids. My boy go to CCC, at about 1- 2 yrs erm and some times even now he will whin if he does not get what he wants. When he is angry with us will also say things like "I don't want "whoever he is not happy with", mummy/kaka/ go there."

I do agree that it gets harder for older folks to handle the kids as they grew older though and being in front of the TV whole day is not very good.

I think most CCC have full day and half day programs but the chances of getting sick is equally high as there will be more exposure to germs and virus. Part of growing up I suppose...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

hi

Postby mmy88 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 pm

i myself have been looking around for a center in upper serangoon. I did visit masterpeice but not very keen about it,teacher turn over is high. Also the school in not air conditioned and i noticed lots of mosquitoes there. It is costly due to their association with pats schoolhouse.

I would recommend and choose elfa. The teachers are friendly and i looked thru their menu and curriculum which to me suits what i want for my child :)

mmy88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care