pinnacle @ duxton children....

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

pinnacle @ duxton children....

Postby happydaddy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 am

Oh my god, the childcare premises at this duxton winning bid is $45368.

Assume, $40k staff salary. Total $90k plus misc. And the area is around 429sqm can attract the most 120 students based on 3sqm per kid plus minus off the kitchen and office.

And assume he charges the student $1000, the breakeven is 90 fulltime students.

Pity the duxton residence need to pay so high price to put their kids in that area.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ksfaith » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi Happy dad,

you are so familiar with childcare industry, are you owner of any childcare?

ksfaith
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:46 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby happydaddy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:49 pm

ksfaith wrote:Hi Happy dad,

you are so familiar with childcare industry, are you owner of any childcare?


used to own 1 a few ago, wow 5yrs ago.. times really fly. but went burst (bankrupt) due to high rent and high labour cost.....

parents want cheap price.. the landlord want high price... the teacher want high salary... etc...

After leaving the industry, now is the other way round.... im put my kids in the childcare and doing the complaining! more siok!

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: pinnacle @ duxton children....

Postby qms » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 pm

happydaddy wrote:Pity the duxton residence need to pay so high price to put their kids in that area.


Actually, childcare centres in that area charge rather high prices. E.g. Shichida Kindergarten charges $800 per month. I think Del-Care is about this price, too.

If you don't want to pay such a high price, you can actually consider Spottiswoode Park. I think there is one centre there.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 10979
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 12


Postby ksfaith » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:51 pm

Looking at that kind of rental price, I really dont know how the owner going to make it, in order "To provide a quality childcare service." Hopefully they able to make it

Happydad,

So how;s your experience as a owner of childcare centre?

ksfaith
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:46 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby happydaddy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:03 am

dun ever open child care in hdb....

70% Singaporean parents love to complain by nature and shot email to MCYS for trival matter... and by the way, im doing that to the childcare. it is revenge time!

Whereas, 90% ang mo are the best... As long as their kids learn something, they are happy...and best, they are paying more than singaporean.

If you plan to open a child care... pls do not open in hdb... you will regret.. Y? Imagine singaporean parents driving big car owe $$ to school... then suddenly withdraw.. write off... which lead to my downfall....

Parents delay my payment, can i delay my staff payment?

Because of cash tight, and limited budget... cut here and there....squeeze here and there... then came NTUC increase their staff pay, then you ll need to follow suit....

Duxton childcare will be another victim.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: pinnacle @ duxton children....

Postby happydaddy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:31 am

qms wrote:
happydaddy wrote:Pity the duxton residence need to pay so high price to put their kids in that area.


Actually, childcare centres in that area charge rather high prices. E.g. Shichida Kindergarten charges $800 per month. I think Del-Care is about this price, too.

If you don't want to pay such a high price, you can actually consider Spottiswoode Park. I think there is one centre there.


Good news for the nearby childcare. they can based on this duxton as reference and up the fee... or indirectly, attract duxton residence to nearby childcare. Anyway, there is always a thing call school bus...

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mintcc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:28 pm

interesting insight to what go on behind the scenes...I suppose some of the cc have to put up in obsure places because of this.... to the inconvinience of parents...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 880
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: pinnacle @ duxton children....

Postby kelamel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:27 am

happydaddy wrote:Oh my god, the childcare premises at this duxton winning bid is $45368.

Assume, $40k staff salary. Total $90k plus misc. And the area is around 429sqm can attract the most 120 students based on 3sqm per kid plus minus off the kitchen and office.

And assume he charges the student $1000, the breakeven is 90 fulltime students.

Pity the duxton residence need to pay so high price to put their kids in that area.


Hi there,

I believe the 45k+ is for a tender for a year or so ?
can't be per month right?

I too am thinking of opening a franchise wif cherie hearts soon with some partners...

kelamel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: pinnacle @ duxton children....

Postby happydaddy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:41 am

kelamel wrote:
happydaddy wrote:Oh my god, the childcare premises at this duxton winning bid is $45368.

Assume, $40k staff salary. Total $90k plus misc. And the area is around 429sqm can attract the most 120 students based on 3sqm per kid plus minus off the kitchen and office.

And assume he charges the student $1000, the breakeven is 90 fulltime students.

Pity the duxton residence need to pay so high price to put their kids in that area.


Hi there,

I believe the 45k+ is for a tender for a year or so ?
can't be per month right?

I too am thinking of opening a franchise wif cherie hearts soon with some partners...


sad to say.. is per month $45k+. franchise fee would be $70k to $100k and take note, they will take 6-10% of gross revenue, not net revenue. But pls note, it is very very difficult to find teacher and you may end up under the mercy of the teacher.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care