Need advice on playschool/ Kindergarten registration process

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Need advice on playschool/ Kindergarten registration process

Postby onDP » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi Forum,

I am a foreigner(on EP) and have a 15 mnth old son on DP. I need help understanding the process of getting my son into a pre-school and subsequently to a Kindergarten. Is it true that kindergartens only accept admissions and registrations from PRs and Singaporean Citizens? How do I go about getting my kid into a Kindergarten. From the MOE website I can tell that i need to enquire directly with the Kindergarten. I have shot out e-mails to a few inquiring about this but I need a general understanding of the process first? What age to kids go to which standard etc. Any help/ advice will be most appreciated.

onDP
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Need advice on playschool/ Kindergarten registration pro

Postby Popcorn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi,
Actually for preschool and kindergarten application, you just need to apply directly to the school itself. You don't have to go through MOE. There is no special treatment for anyone as long as there is vacancy for the child. (Except some schools have sibling priority). That's my understanding. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.

Popcorn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care