Shocked by milk marketing in nursery

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Shocked by milk marketing in nursery

Postby NicD » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:28 pm

hi parents,
i am posting here to get some explanations/alternative opinions on whats happening in my kid s nursery:
Recently, the school informed parents they would start weaning kids in nursery 1 from milk bottle, which is fine to us.
But then, the teacher inserted a leaflet promoting Marigold flavoured milk and proposing to enrol in a monthly plan so that the school provides this milk to children everyday. We didn t respond, and a few days later, another leaflet for another brand...

I grew up in France where private companies are not allowed to access schools, and over sweetened products are banned from schools.

Is that something "normal" in Singapore? What are your views? I don t want to go to complain to the school principal if thats usual practice in Singapore ;)

NicD
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Shocked by milk marketing in nursery

Postby hquek » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:51 pm

hi nicD,

I recall receiving these brochures also, and also those for Vitagen, when my kids were in kindy. We didn't sign up for those and there was no pressure to do so. I didn't think that was improper, but I don't think too much into these. Had they applied pressure, then I will jump; else I just put these in recycle bins.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Shocked by milk marketing in nursery

Postby Sugarsweet » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi,

Mine too. Always hv those brouchure given. Initially I ordered 3 months supply, then lately I found out that there is always a mix up between other classmate as in someone took his milk drinks. I always wonder did the school take stock on the number of packets that my child did drank or some was so call taken by those that did not order for it.

Sugarsweet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care