Title: School near The Bencoolen?
We used to live in Singapore, until we moved to Houston last year. Now my husband will be stationed back to Singapore from Sep 2008 to Mar 2009. We are looking for decent schools near The Bencoolen apt.
We have 6 yo daughter and 3 yo son. We are Singaporean, of Chinese descent, but hardly speak Chinese at home. My daughter shall attend K2 in 2008 and P1 in Jan - Mar 2009. Also looking for nursery class for my son. Child care is also ok.
As we will only be here for a short period, I don't hope for a place in popular schools. Just schools where the teachers are caring and nurturing, not stressing rigidly on academic performance. Of course, not until 'bo chap' level...
A map proximity search gets me these schools below. Any comments on any of them? If you know any other decent ones nearby, I will appreciate the info as well.
- Stamford Primary
- St Margaret Primary (I have read reviews on St Margaret in another forum. Sounds good, worry may not be able to get a place though.)
- Hong Wen School (very high std in Chinese? My daughter may not be able to keep up.)
- Farrer Park Primary
- Life Church Kindergarten/Childcare at Prinsep St
- PCF Kampong Glam Rochor Rd
- PCF Kampong Glam Crawford Ln
- PCF Jalan Besar
- Kampong Kapor Methodist Church Kindergarten
- Foochow Methodist Church Kindergarten (already using St James Church's curriculum? This sounds good, too.)
Many, many thanks in advance.