First week at ChildCare

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

First week at ChildCare

Postby calezero » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:00 am

Hi Parents,

My son is 2 years old and I've just started him in child care this week.

Can I check what is the usual practice to get the child used to the pre-school? On the 1st day when we sent him to the preschool, the teacher told us to quietly slip off when my son isnt noticing. The teacher said that naturally he will cry whenever he notices we're not around, but after 1 or 2 weeks, he should be ok.

Though, I'm not sure if this is the right approach? I've been reading the articles in Baby Center and it says that parents should always have a proper goodbye routine. This will make the child feel safe and at ease whenever he's at the childcare center.

Can any parent share their experience?
Thanks in advance.

calezero
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: First week at ChildCare

Postby Kiaseemum » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:06 am

calezero wrote:Hi Parents,

My son is 2 years old and I've just started him in child care this week.

Can I check what is the usual practice to get the child used to the pre-school? On the 1st day when we sent him to the preschool, the teacher told us to quietly slip off when my son isnt noticing. The teacher said that naturally he will cry whenever he notices we're not around, but after 1 or 2 weeks, he should be ok.

Though, I'm not sure if this is the right approach? I've been reading the articles in Baby Center and it says that parents should always have a proper goodbye routine. This will make the child feel safe and at ease whenever he's at the childcare center.

Can any parent share their experience?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, a goodbye is very necessary. And because he's so young, the first few days or so u may want to send him half day rather than full so it won't be too much of a shock.

Kiaseemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care