Arts Junior Montessori

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Arts Junior Montessori

Postby mail_lum » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Anyone has feedback on this school? It's in Radin Mas CC now but moving to Hoy Fatt Road. I went to the school and saw many Japanese kids... wondering if they prepare local kids well for local education system.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

mail_lum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Arts Junior Montessori

Postby Wildrocket7581 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:46 am

We had a terrible experience there. Please be careful. Posting the incident below:

“3.5 year old girl broke her arm and left crying for 1 hour at Childcare Centre; School Denies Responsibility and Authorities Cannot Do Anything.”

On 24/01/17, my 3.5 year old daughter was left crying for 1 hour with a broken arm at Arts Junior Montessori (Redhill). We wish to share with all parents and especially working mothers a recount of the horrific experience we had with the school and how the authorities are unable to take them to task.

Just days before CNY, my daughter (3.5 years old) was pushed and beaten by 2 boys who are around the same age as her. She sustained a fracture and bone displacement and was in severe pain. However, nobody attended to her and they left her crying for at least 45mins to an hour till I arrived to pick her up. None of the teachers could tell me why she was crying, how she fell and at what time it happened. They left her crying as they said she could not tell them what was wrong. Although she was clutching her left elbow and was turning blue in the face, they did not perform a body check on her.

We sent her to NUH A&E immediately and spent the next 10 hours at the hospital. Her injury was so severe that she required 3 rounds of manipulation. It was classified as a Category 2 injury and almost became a Cat-3 (most severe) injury requiring open surgery. She was terrified and kept saying that she wanted to go home. My heart really broke when she begged for some water :((( – she was made to fast for 3 hours before they could operate on her. She was also so scared of the X-ray that was shining on her injured arm – she kept thinking the doctors were going to cut it off. We had to restrain her and hold her down each time she had to go into the Xray room. To say it was a nightmare for us is an understatement. We only went home at 5am the following day.

The school told us that they would investigate after their CNY party. We emphasized that party or not, they should quickly investigate while it is still fresh in the offending children’s memory. A week later they sent us a report but it was a shoddy one; they basically wrote it in such a way that they did everything in good order. The school also told us to “keep the matter private” and turns out they did not report to ECDA although it is a stipulated regulation to do so within 12 hours. Later on, they said that “they deny any wrongdoing” and that their teachers “acted promptly and exercised due care seconds after the incident”. They also asked that we do not come to the school unannounced (my parents visited the school on our behalf because the school was ignoring our emails) as they “frankly do not have any more to say on the matter”.

The school also took an antagonistic attitude by saying that they actually went above and beyond by sending us the investigation report. The manager (Mr. J) even shouted at us on the phone. He later apologized, unwillingly. The Principal (Ms. M), is no better. She left my parents waiting for 2 hours without seeing them as “she only meets people with appointments”.
We then asked ECDA for help. However they said that they could not do much. We then sent a letter of demand against the school asking for a meeting and they ignored it. ECDA also at this point said that since we had engaged a lawyer, they will stay out of the matter (!?).

The last straw came when the school even had the cheek to send us reminders on school fees for the weeks that she was recovering at home! They also refused to release my daughter’s name from their enrollment resulting in us not being able to register her in a new school. ECDA had to step in and remind them to release the record.

Thankfully, my daughter’s arm can be straightened fully now. However, she will be very frightful and nervous when she is playing with other children and if we drive near the school. She has lost the confidence of using the slide or climbing the monkey bars – things she loved to do. Sometimes, she will say in the most child-like manner that she can straighten her arm now and that it is not painful anymore. It has been an emotionally, physically and psychologically stressful period for my entire family and we wish for some accountability and closure to this matter. We had gone through proper channels – working with the authorities quietly on this but only to know that they are of not much help. 2 weeks ago, we sent a letter to Minister Tan Chuan Jin and Members of Tanjong Pagar GRC. There has been no follow-up since. When we approached the police they said that we need to register a case at the State Court before they can investigate. We also know the parents of the boys but we did not confront them or go to the school and make a din. We trusted the Singapore system to resolve this matter for us through the proper channels. Much to our dismay, this is not to be. Hence, we have decided to break our silence and to share this experience to all working parents out there who have placed their faith in our childcare system. Again we are not saying that the injury should not have happened, we are more concerned about what should be done after that.

Thank you for your time and we hope to receive some advice.

Very Disappointed and Heartbroken Parents.
Wildrocket7581@gmail.com

Wildrocket7581
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Georges_G » Thu May 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Really unbelievable....Sounds like this school has practiced negligence and been able to get away with it! Shocking :(

Georges_G
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Wildrocket7581 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:01 am

HI George, yes. We can't believe it too. And best part is Police and ECDA all say they can't do anything!

Wildrocket7581
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care