Infant Care

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Infant Care

Postby lifestylelink » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Can anyone share your experience with infant care centre? I live in Sengkang, so would appreciate some advice. Now my son is look after by my maid and MIL but still wonder if it make sense to send him to infant care since my maid has decided to end contract early.

What is the typical program at infant care? My son is coming 5 months old. Thanks.
Last edited by lifestylelink on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi
I don't suggest infant care. Germs spread easily since their immune system is not strong yet. Also, it is not cheap, around $1000/mth. If your MIL cannot manage on her own, engage a nanny.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lifestylelink » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:18 pm

My MIL used to be a nanny. I think I will get a replacement maid. In fact, when I decided to get a maid, MIL was not part of the plan. She came in last minute, a bonus I suppose. Although I am not sure if it is good or bad. My MIL complaints so much, I get all stressed up, so my maid always get scolding. I just hope my new maid can be as good as the previous one.

But still like to learn more about infant care system. For knowledge and contingency plan.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby scoobydoo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:44 pm

As like what caroline3sg said, you will have to be prepared that your boy will fall sick often....very often.
Actually the programs vary from centre to centre. Best is to check with the centre that you are interested in. But the activities are basically interactive, like reading, singing and playing simple toys with the care-giver. But again, the level of interaction also varies and is dependent on the how dedicated the care-givers are.

scoobydoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:09 pm

What caroline3sg says is true... there will be a long period where your child will be sick almost every other week as he/she get exposed to different kinds of flu bugs. But they will build up enough resistance eventually and get stronger for the experience. You just need to last through that period.

Anyway, my dentist sends her child to Pat's schoolhouse infant care and swears that her child is now more confident and has learnt much even though she has been there for just over a month. For working parents, infant care might be a better option than leaving the kid at home with the maid and grandparents.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby deardear07 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:23 am

if the infantcare is clean and does their cleaning up, shud nt be a problem.

when my gal was 1st exposed to childcare after being taken care of by hubby's aunt for 1year at home, she was almost sick every 1-2weeks for 1st 3mths there. bt since then, her resistance level has became stronger.hardly fall sick. bt those 3mths were tough.. :?

nt sure abt my 2nd baby though...he is due for infantcare this coming sept too. hopefully he'd be fine.

deardear07
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby lifestylelink » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:33 am

So what happened if child keep falling sick? Stay home? I have one more question, trying to decide between buying a baby cot (28" x 52") or just get a side bed rail for my baby (21 weeks) to fix to my existing single bed. The current one I have is too small (a hand-me-down) that is odd size (23" x 42"). Anyone have any suggestion?

My son is afraid of heat, with the bumpers, he is always perspiring (no aircon, just fan). If I let him sleep at the single bed, much more cooling.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care