Pay for what you get?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Pay for what you get?

Postby airdancer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:34 am

Hi all

I really want to pull my kid out of his current childcare. My child is not a precious snowflake specimen that can't take scolding. My problem is that he is bringing threatening language back home. He also rambled the other day, or else teacher won't let (you/who) go home. Husband and I can't agree on the places we like but we want to compromise.

Most lower cost childcares I have seen (my first skool, dardis, moral) either have disinterested carers or carers who threaten. The middle range childcares have some interested teachers with over active admin managers. Most higher cost childcare (carpe diem at royal road, arts kidz, arts junior) I have seen have teachers who make effort to engage kids and the activities are frun.

Am I right? Is it really a question of budget?

airdancer
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Pay for what you get?

Postby Meganfair » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:44 am

I feel same too. My impression too when I was checking out the CC for my DD. :p

Meganfair
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zbear » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:18 am

airdancer wrote:Hi all

I really want to pull my kid out of his current childcare. My child is not a precious snowflake specimen that can't take scolding. My problem is that he is bringing threatening language back home. He also rambled the other day, or else teacher won't let (you/who) go home. Husband and I can't agree on the places we like but we want to compromise.

Most lower cost childcares I have seen (my first skool, dardis, moral) either have disinterested carers or carers who threaten. The middle range childcares have some interested teachers with over active admin managers. Most higher cost childcare (carpe diem at royal road, arts kidz, arts junior) I have seen have teachers who make effort to engage kids and the activities are frun.

Am I right? Is it really a question of budget?

airdancer, your post reminds me of this saying - pay peanuts n u get monkeys.

The true hard fact of life is $$$$ motivates n you will get quality care only if you are willing to pay.

Rarely child care givers work for passion.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 am

Dd used to attend PCF kindergarten. The teachers were nice & encouraging.
Although most would be "pay peanuts get monkeys", some higher cost centres MAY have dis-interested staff too.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby babyme » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:16 am

It is a matter of cost and budget.

I remembered during my primary 1, my malay teacher kept asking me to repeat a word. At that time as a 7 year old kid, I remembered that I had pronounced properly but the teacher was angry and kicked my leg. My mom only found out the swollen part when she was bathing me. She had complaint to the principal and that teacher later did not use force on me anymore. But he will always asked me to stand behind the movable board and refused to let me learn. He even make fun of me in front of the other classmates.
So even if you have complaint after a teacher's fault, that teacher will later seek revenge. Most kids do not know how to complaint to their parents so they are always the best victims to hooligans.

babyme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tanny » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:23 am

My child used to attend PCF and came back with bad language skills. It wasn't like this until we started her a few months ago. :stupid:

tanny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tanny » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:23 am

My child used to attend PCF and came back with bad language skills. It wasn't like this until we started her a few months ago. :stupid:

tanny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mistycloud » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:46 pm

So, any reviews for My First Skool? Is it that bad? Especially the one at Marine Terrace or Parkway Parade.

mistycloud
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Cherryplum » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 am

I supposed if we as parents feel that there are bad influences in a class, it may be time to change the preschool.
As part of our planning, we are willing to invest in our child's education so we picked a preschool with good environment.
However, we feel that the school is good for our child till the children in the class start to become more vocal with age.

I was quite surprised that at such tender age, a child is capable of making comparisons with what they wear and making remarks that I feel is material based. For example, my child's Nike velcro sandals are remarked as baby shoes as compared to the other children's flashy, light-up shoes. Thereafter, my child refused to wear her supposedly favourite Nike footwear.
At another occasion, the same child in the class told me to buy a set of markers similar to hers for my child (as she is unwillingly to share with my child).... :[ I'm glad I had the time to spend in my child's class to get to know her classmates.

Indeed "Pay for what you get!" from another perspective. Kids growing up in wealthy environment can be bad influences as well! We have since stopped her school and putting her in another school of fees that is 10 times lower.
I just couldn't imagine my child gearing away from the humble and simple to the pretty and fancy of stuff.
While we cannot control materialistic influences along the way of growing up but certainly this should not happen at preschool age!

Talk about bad infuences, vulgar language and materialistic grooming, which one would you rather your child be exposed to?

Cherryplum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:11 am

Children, like adults, do compare among themselves, until they are mature enough to think and understand so as to accept such differences present in the world

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care