[Bukit Timah/Central/Holland] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Which is your preferred Kindergarten in Bukit Timah?

Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten ( BRMCK )
14%
Nanyang Kindergarten
29%
St James Kindergarten
24%
Others
33%

Total votes : 21

[Bukit Timah/Central/Holland] Preschools

Postby cornucopia » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi!

Any good and wholesome kindergartens to recommend?
Last edited by cornucopia on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

cornucopia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby babysz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Can add 'Other kindergartens' in the poll :P dd has been in Spring Montessori (in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre) since Jan and we are very happy with the school. btw, we do not receive any monetary benefit from the school by mentioning it.

babysz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

How to add another option to poll?

Postby cornucopia » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:41 am

Hi babysz,

Great to hear u found e ideal kindy for yr bb.
As for to add in spring Montessori, sorry not sure how to add on. Maybe u can guide me.

cornucopia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby babysz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 am

I also dun know how to add in 'Spring Montessori', I am very new here too. :lol: But someone has already added the 'others' poll, thanks. I'll vote for 'Others' then. Like you, I also like a more holistic approach instead of an academic one, glad that there is a button for parents like us to vote.

babysz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Faith Kindergarten

Postby 2bbtang » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi!

Another good holistic kindergarten will be Faith Kindergarten located right beside Commonwealth MRT station.

It is a very old school, but they rebuilt the entire building few years back. My children were there since Pre-Nursery. They enjoy the school very much.

I love how the school is structure, there are morning and afternoon classes.
Teachers are very caring and "close knitted." The Principal of the school knows EVERY KIDS by their name!!! I'm talking about more than 16 classes of about 20 - 25 kids each classes. I'm very impressed. Love their year-end graduation for K2 Concerts.... The school is just like a MINI-Primary School.
Facilities of the school are also new and good.

2bbtang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: [Bukit Timah, Central and Holland] Kindergartens

Postby kaitlynangelica » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:38 pm

cornucopia wrote:Hi!

Any good and wholesome kindergartens to recommend?

HI,

my gal has been attending Faith Montessori this year. I find the curriculum quite good.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

New childcare near Bukit Timah

Postby wensg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm

One more new childcare center

http://www.cherieheartsnamly.com.sg

wensg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Dr.Gerbera » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Kindergartens are tricky. I don't have any to recommend but I have one that I would discourage you to place your child. This kindy is called "XXX Service Provider name removed by moderator XXX" located at farrer. I had a very bad experience there. They put a lot of effort in trying to make a good impression but its all a facade.

Dr.Gerbera
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Dr.Gerbera wrote:Kindergartens are tricky. I don't have any to recommend but I have one that I would discourage you to place your child. This kindy is called "XXX Service Provider name removed by moderator XXX" located at farrer. I had a very bad experience there. They put a lot of effort in trying to make a good impression but its all a facade.

Dear Dr.Gerbera, while we allow negative comments on service providers, it is necessary that you are prepared to provide more details specific to your experiences and personally stand by your claims if you wish to name the provider. We do not allow remarks without justifications.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Dr.Gerbera » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:13 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Dr.Gerbera wrote:Kindergartens are tricky. I don't have any to recommend but I have one that I would discourage you to place your child. This kindy is called "XXX Service Provider name removed by moderator XXX" located at farrer. I had a very bad experience there. They put a lot of effort in trying to make a good impression but its all a facade.

Dear Dr.Gerbera, while we allow negative comments on service providers, it is necessary that you are prepared to provide more details specific to your experiences and personally stand by your claims if you wish to name the provider. We do not allow remarks without justifications.

Definitely. I understand and apologize for that. I'm new here so I did not know how to bring my opinion across better.
There are a few justifications to my claim of course, or there will be no reason behind me making such a negative comment.
When my girlfriend's child attended the kindy when it was then located in farrer court, there were no children's toilets attached in the classroom and the children had to use the adult toilets. This is unacceptable as it is mandatory by MOE for pre-schools to have proper facilities for safety, care and hygiene. It is a wonder how they managed to get their pre-school registration license at all.
Secondly, the teachers were not all registered as we found out later. Two teachers did not have a diploma in early childhood at all (There were 4 teachers altogether including the principal). This should, however, be mandatory of all teachers, especially in one which is a montessori based classroom charging very high for each month.
These are just two justifications for my negative comment. The kindy has since moved and I haven't been near it. Hopefully there would have been some better changes.
I am just hoping to encourage everyone to be careful when choosing a kindergarten. While its not easy to tell if the kindergarten is good because we are not there attending it ourselves, a good way of knowing is to ask the child about the classes and see if he/she is enjoying it. Children will give the honest truth. A very good sign is when the child loves going to school and is happy with his or her learning environment. :D

Dr.Gerbera
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care