Half day preschool childcare in morning or afternoon?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Half day preschool childcare in morning or afternoon?

Postby Xiaolong » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi, I would like to know which is better for kids attending halfday preschool childcare. Morning or afternoon? I hear that alot of preschool childcare in the afternoon only sleep and play. The preschool childcare my kid will be attending soon is little skool house. Need some advice here.

Xiaolong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tacit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't know about Little Skool-House, but the preschool childcare centres I know of generally don't do much in the afternoon. Yes, they shower and lunch, and then they take a nap.

It really depends on the timetabling of the classes, you can check with Little Skool-House, they should have a specific class timetable for you to look at so you can make an informed decision. For example, in one preschool childcare centre I know, most teachers work half-day, similar to the kindergarten time schedule. Thus lessons are concentrated in the morning.

tacit
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wildboys » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Depends on what you are looking for?

If you are looking for "lessons", then for childcare, bulk of the lessons are in the morning. Afternoon is usually more free-n-easy. Imagine from 12pm onwards is lunch/shower/nap/snack, then most likely 5pm onwards is free activities, how much time do you have for "lessons" (if that is what you are looking for).

BTW you can ask the Person-in-charge to show you the timetable then you'll have a much clearer idea for that particular childcare.

If you are looking for "lessons" and prefer afternoon for your child, perhaps Kindergarten afternoon session is more suitable.

wildboys
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care