[Clementi/Pasir Panjang/Sunset Way/West Coast] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Clementi/Pasir Panjang/Sunset Way/West Coast] Preschools

Postby Leoleo18 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Title: Any advices on Genesis Child care centre @ Clementi West

Hi All

I am looking for a child care centre for my boy who is turning 4 this year.
I am viewing Genesis child care centre at Clementi west, walking distance from my place. Any remarks on this child care, pls advise.

Leoleo18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby bing » Thu May 15, 2008 11:24 am

Hi, I am looking at that childcare as well ... but they are full for N2 (kids turning 4 this yr) class. Think they need to appeal to increase the class size. This is what I heard from them.

I am planning to send my boy, also turning 4 this yr, to AceKidz@Community. The environment and teachers look good, curriculum sounds good too. Any comments about this childcare?

bing
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Leoleo18 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi

I didnt view AceKids. From the web, I understand that they don't teach Chinese as 2nd language, that's why AceKids is not in my list. There is one more childcare 2-3 units away from Genesis. Not sure what school is that. However if you view from outside, you won't be able to know that is a child care. I don't find that child care appealing to me. You can down by if you want.

Leoleo18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby bing » Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Leoleo,

2-3 units from Genesis? That would be Kinderland, I think. I have been there the other day, but the person in charge is not around, hence din get to see the place.

AceKidz does include Chinese in their curriculum, but only in 2nd half of day. Hence if u r thinking of putting ur kid for half day, he would be only exposed to English then ...

bing
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lizawa » Thu May 15, 2008 2:34 pm

if you don't mind the distance, there is one childcare at Science Park 2 which is along Pasir Panjang road. The childcare is in the building "The Aquarius", next to the security counter and it is called Kindercorner 2. They have another one in Science Park 1.

Teach both Chinese and English. Not very big teacher to children ratio.
Teachers are pretty dedicated. They have teachers there who have worked for more than 10 years already. Most of the parents are working professionals in Science Park, NUS and NUH.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Yes... my son spent almost 1.5years in KinderCorner 2 at The Aquarius from 2001-2002. Great staff and the principal was most accomodating and patient. But they were rather weak in enrichment courses at that time. Not sure if they have improved since.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby bing » Thu May 22, 2008 6:27 am

I called up AceKids @ Community. They do offer Mother Tongue Chinese. The other one I have in mind is MMI at West Coast Recreation Centre. Anyone has any feedback?

bing
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

[Clementi/Pasir Panjang] Preschools

Postby sinsin » Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

any one heard of cgm or clementi woods kindergarten? pls give comments. tks

sinsin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

childcare centre along Pasir Panjang Road?

Postby blurrish » Wed May 28, 2008 9:26 am

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

Would appreciate if anyone can provide some recommendation for childcare centres along Pasir Panjang Road?
Thanks in advance.

blurrish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lizawa » Wed May 28, 2008 9:32 am

There is one at Science Park 2, The Aquarius Building. Name : Kindercorner 2. Tel : 67760103

Can call up to check what's a good time to take a look at the childcare center.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care