[Clementi/Pasir Panjang/Sunset Way/West Coast] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
mail_lum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: [Clementi/Pasir Panjang/Sunset Way/West Coast] Preschool

Post by mail_lum » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 am

Hi, I am considering Amity Juniors in Grove Drive. Anyone has feedback or experience with this school? Thanks.

Winterapple
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Winterapple » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:40 am

Hi,

My child is with Amity Juniors since Mar 14. A great school with large outdoor area, designated classrooms, caring teachers & accommodating centre manager.

My child loves the school and teachers. He sings and hums many English & Chinese songs to us almost every night before he goes to bed.

Parents get to speak to teachers rgd their child progress during pick up and most importantly they send the little one in action photos to us via sms/whatsapp regularly.

I would highly recommend Amity Juniors as parents will surely have peace of mind knowing that their children are in good hands! :grphug:

mail_lum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mail_lum » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks! I'll go and check them out.

barneybaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by barneybaby » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:24 am

Hi Winterapple

Is there many foreign students? Beacused worry too many foreign students might be hard for local kids like us to join in. And worry the school might focus more on play than prepare for primary one. From their website,, teachers look friendly but too many foreign students. Thanks :)

Winterapple
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Winterapple » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi barneybaby,

Oh yes Amity Juniors is a play-based preschool. Kids go for excursion quite often.

However, I felt that the play-based approach complements my child's hyperactive behaviour. Within months after joining, he has improved tremendously in speech and acquired numerous self-help skills as compared to his previous very academic kindergarten.

Of course each individuals benefits differently.

Have fun on preschool hunting!

KiasuPG
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KiasuPG » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 am

Dear Parents,
Can you please suggest any kindergarten in this area, where teachers are taking good care of your hyperactive kid (if any). Many thanks.

Angelz07
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Angelz07 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi,

Any mummies sending their kids to Early Years Montessori ? Would appreciate if you could share reviews abt this school...tks!

TCH
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by TCH » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Can any parents whose child was from EYM give some comments on the curriculum in terms of English, Maths and Chinese on the kindy? I am not too sure if they are able to transit smoothly to Pri 1. Do all the teachers in EYM teach our kid randomly as I understand there are only 4 or 5 teachers there. TIA :?:

origamisuzu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by origamisuzu » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:37 pm

TCH wrote:Can any parents whose child was from EYM give some comments on the curriculum in terms of English, Maths and Chinese on the kindy? I am not too sure if they are able to transit smoothly to Pri 1. Do all the teachers in EYM teach our kid randomly as I understand there are only 4 or 5 teachers there. TIA :?:
You might want to try The Little House (Montessori), also in SUnset Way, as they prepare your child to be academically ready for Primary 2 in English, Math and Mandarin. They use an individual lesson plan for each child and also teach according to the child's learning pace.

Check out their reviews on google, seems like the parents are very happy with their child's progress:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... montessori

Laylay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Laylay » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi I also have a same problem my son
Turning P4 next year I thinking to let him
Go for student care anyone have any idea to
Look for better student care near west coat or
Clementi.