If you have 3 kids....

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

If you have 3 kids....

Postby i3mum » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering, if you have 3 kids(age apart by 1 year) (going to be P1 & P2), would you :

1) Put them in afterschool care centre
Factors to consider:
a.Cost about $1000+ a month for 3 kids
b.No maid, and need to go back home to cook dinner & do housework
c. But the kids can attend the school enrichment classes on their own as it is convenient (studentcare next to school)

2) Hire a maid to be at home to take care of them after their school hourse

Factors to consider:
a.There will not be any other adults, except the maid
b. The maid does not know how to coach the kids in their studies
c. But the maid will be able to cook & do housework

3) Work partime to take care of them, but the part time job is subject to renewable (per year)
Factors:
a.There is a risk that I might lose my job/ appraisal affected
b. I can pick & spend more time with my kids
c. Able to send my kids for enrichment classes after school hours

Anyone has any advice? Can help me? Greatly appreciate that!

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 pm

hi i3mum,

Really depends on your individual circumstance (got house/what not loan to service) and preference (how much you need to get by each month).

Having a maid can be a blessing or a curse; you may not experience peace and joy having the maid at home.

if it were up to me (in my personal situation etc), I think I rather opt for number 1. JMHO

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby i3mum » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi hquek,

Thanks for taking your precious time to reply me. Yes, I have considered about the financial status. I wouldnt mind to work part time, but its the "1 year" subject to renew appointment that makes me hesitant. Currently I have a maid, but the maid is new and seemed to be so "blur". Like what you said, it seemed to be a curse, creating so many problems & have to "take care" of 1 more person.

Like you said, I think Option 1 will be good. Just have to spend more time to do housework & cooking. Probably weekend can hire part time maid.

hquek wrote:hi i3mum,

Really depends on your individual circumstance (got house/what not loan to service) and preference (how much you need to get by each month).

Having a maid can be a blessing or a curse; you may not experience peace and joy having the maid at home.

if it were up to me (in my personal situation etc), I think I rather opt for number 1. JMHO
Last edited by i3mum on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mintcc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

what about maid + tution teacher to come to the house...$$ works out to be about the same as afterschool but that way, got some one to help them with homework...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby hquek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

No lah, this kind of question I ponder a lot too.

part time maids are good idea. I don't have maid at home (the one I employ is for my mum's place) - so I only do the very basics. Clean the floor, wash toilet. the rest is 得过且过. Very bad, but I'm trying my best.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby i3mum » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

hquek,

Do you have 3 kids too? If I put in after school care, I cannot send them to outside enrichment classes. Currently my in laws are coming to my house to help, but it seemed there are many issues, and I wish to handle them on my own.

Does many other people also send their kids to outside enrichment classes? I m wondering if the kids still have time for that?

hquek wrote:No lah, this kind of question I ponder a lot too.

part time maids are good idea. I don't have maid at home (the one I employ is for my mum's place) - so I only do the very basics. Clean the floor, wash toilet. the rest is 得过且过. Very bad, but I'm trying my best.

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi mintcc,

Hmm, I cannot trust maid. Leaving them alone at home, they will bound to be up to something. Furthermore, I got 3 kids, if 2 kids , maybe still alright.

Tuition teacher will only come twice a week, for that 1.5 hours.

mintcc wrote:what about maid + tution teacher to come to the house...$$ works out to be about the same as afterschool but that way, got some one to help them with homework...

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:39 pm

i3mum wrote:hquek,

Do you have 3 kids too? If I put in after school care, I cannot send them to outside enrichment classes. Currently my in laws are coming to my house to help, but it seemed there are many issues, and I wish to handle them on my own.

Does many other people also send their kids to outside enrichment classes? I m wondering if the kids still have time for that?

No lah, I only have 2 (2 boys at that). Will be joining the crowd for P1 registration this year.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby i3mum » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 pm

I guess 2 kids still alright :) Hope your son will be able to get into the school of your choice.

hquek wrote:No lah, I only have 2 (2 boys at that). Will be joining the crowd for P1 registration this year.

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 pm

haizzz, cross fingers and toes....and yet, I'm not sure if the school we're eyeing is the right one - in terms of environment, academics etc. It's a blessing when I can choose, but can be a bane also.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care