Study or Play: Which is more important in Preschools?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
Shaunmoo92
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Study or Play: Which is more important in Preschools?

Post by Shaunmoo92 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:32 pm

I totally agree with the whole learning through play ideology.

We have to find a good balance with both, but at pre-school, perhaps more play?
Or perhaps parents can find a way to create fun through meaningful objectives..

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Gilian039 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:15 am

As a parent of a preschooler, play is more important for my daughter during this stage. I believe that she must be able to satisfy her need for physical activities because once she gets older, she might regret that she was not able to play during her preschool days. And I think that she is also learning from her physical activities like patience and following instructions.

Czeec80
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:57 am

I have read this article from Education.com about the importance of play for preschoolers. As a summary, it is important because:

- It helps the development of language and vocabulary;
- Widens their imagination and creativity;
- Provides real-life problem solving and application of Mathematics;
- Great avenue for their gross and fine motor development

Check the whole article at: https://www.education.com/magazine/arti ... l-matters/

Sheena8
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Sheena8 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Play matters to me. They need to fulfill their childhood with lots of time in playing because when they reach the Primary years, the "real school" starts.

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by AnneS » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 pm

Play matters because it helps them to become decision-makers through role-playing.

mrs_see
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mrs_see » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:10 pm

My son spent a short but memorable stint under the loving care of our educarers at MindChamps at Paragon. Thank you all for making his stay at MindChamps so memorable! He loves the MindChamps kit and can't stop talking all about them!

MrLi1983
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by MrLi1983 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Our son (K2) has been at MindChamps at Raffles Town Club for almost 18 months and we have been impressed from day 1. The facilities in the school are excellent. Bright colours and lighting, well laid out classrooms and excellent additional features. He loves the softplay gym area and his gourmet moments cooking class. The RTC environment also offers excellent facilities with the children getting access to waterpla in the kids pool (including a water slide) and outdoor play time on the tennis court. No other pre-schools we looked at could come close to matching these facilities. His teachers in both K1 and K2 have all been caring, dedicated and professional in their approach. We have been very impressed with the academic level he has achieved in his time at MindChamps. His teachers in both English and Chinese 华文 are both patient and persistent and the result has done well, and has been enjoying the learning process. We have also appreciated the online aspect of MindChamps at Raffles Town Club as well, the school utilizes the MindChamps Parents’ App very well for progress reports, reminders, weekly photos and other communications. He has made good friends at MindChamps at Raffles Town Club learned a tremendous amount, he has had fun and enjoys going to school each day. As parents, that ticks all the boxes!

RYeo1982
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by RYeo1982 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 am

It's important that a Preschool incorporates both, study and play. That makes the learning more fun and enjoyable!