All About Montessori

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
coolit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: All About Montessori

Post by coolit » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Hugh Lim wrote:Hi, any one have expirience with Reggio Emilia schools?
I wanted to sign up with Odyssey but too far for us. This method seems interesting but I feel it is highly dependent on the teachers, it depends on whether the teacher can bring out the learning and lead the kids to the learning point, if not the kids may just have fun without learning anything. My friends' recommend Between Two Trees which uses this method,their teachers are highly qualified. But they have no vacancy for my youngest and also still a bit far for us but if you stay in town area or holland side, Between Two Trees is :boogie:

barneybaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by barneybaby » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:03 am

Hi Sky minecrafter

Thanks so much for your sharing. :) Any good preschool around ghim moh?:) Thanks so much.

barneybaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by barneybaby » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi All

Was considering Innate Montessori but was surprised to see not so good reviews recently. Actually saw many good reviews previously. Anyone has kids studying there and can share feedback if the staff are nice to kids, etc? Thanks so much. :)

Limeliw
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Limeliw » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 am

A very reading material regarding child's developmental "windows of opportunity".

http://4mychilds.com/childs-development ... portunity/

barneybaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by barneybaby » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:56 am

Dear All

Can check if anyone has feedback on Buttercup Rochester? Do they prepare kids well for primary one? Are the teachers good?
Thanks so much. :-)

barneybaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by barneybaby » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:56 am

Dear All

Can check if anyone has feedback on Buttercup Rochester? Do they prepare kids well for primary one? Are the teachers good?
Thanks so much. :-)

Sherryr
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Sherryr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:24 pm

hello everyone, im quite disappointed with Greentree montessori. Firstly i see teachers come and go all the time, always seeing new faces in the school and i never know who my class teachers are. I heard most of them are not qualified teachers.

Secondly, with paying such a premium tuition i didn't see the quality of learning he supposed to get with this amount. No matter of academic or other social skills.

Also the management seems chaotic which my inquiry never got answered in time. The principal looks arrogant too.

Mosquito is also a big issue and i didn't see the school is taking enough of action to fight with this problem.

As a parent with montessori background, I definitely not recommend anyone who look for a real montessori school to register your child in greentree.

bubblegumberries
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by bubblegumberries » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 am

Hi parents, is there anyone who send their kids to Brighton Montessori? Would like to get some feedback of the school. TIA.

Edna_Cox
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Edna_Cox » Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi all,
I know this is an old thread. But, I would like to share my experience here.
My child is studying in a Montessori school ( http://childventures.ca/ ) here in Vaughan. I am very happy for my kid. She is developing many extra skills after being there. First, we send her to a daycare near us. Only, last year we send her to the Montessori school. I was really surprised to see the changes in my daughter. Our daughter was not interested in any curricular activities, but now she started involving in such events. Montessori schools provide our child with a lot of educational and learning benefits. I would like to share some good facts about these schools:
1) Children will be nurtured with self-confidence, coordination skills and a systematic order in doing things.
2) Students will develop self-correction and assessment methods.
3) Students will start doing things on their own(Independent).
Children will explore a new learning strategy and have a wonderful time in Montessori schools. Have a nice time.

VernonS
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by VernonS » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:34 am

:imdrowning: