All About Montessori

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
VernonS
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Montessori

Post by VernonS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 am

Disappointed with Greentree Montessori.
High teacher turn over and parents aren't informed, as "parents choose" the school not the teachers. However as a parent, I want to know who is my child's teacher. My child may feel insecure if they don't know why the teacher just disappears the next day. Management doesn't value parents feedback. SMS, phone call and emails usually don't get replied without reminders. Children progress reports aren't updated automatically, need to keep asking for it.. Parents are asked to bring own mosquito repellent but one day my child came back with empty repellent that wasn't belong to him and he told me school have been using it on him for long time, Also Not to mention the high school fee.

sunny_side_up
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by sunny_side_up » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Any mummies send their kids to Montessori at newton? Am thinking of sending my kid there. Any feedback?

barneybaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by barneybaby » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi All

Anyone has feedback on JHS Montessori and Brighton Montessori at Sunset Way? Do they prepare the child well for primary one? Thank you very much. :)

mummy.y
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mummy.y » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

I have 2 girls (2010 and 2013). My elder girl was at Innate Montessori, Corporation Place from the start. Actually, it was a Cherie Hearts branch in 2011. I didn't give much thought to which childcare to choose. Chose CP as it was relatively near, had school bus + immediate vacancy. Then, Ms Amruta took over and it became Innate Montessori. I stayed simply because there was no increase in school fees.

Personally, I find Ms Amruta passionate in what she does and the teachers are caring.

What I like about Innate Montessori is that there's 0 homework. I didn't teach both girls hanyu pinyin, numbers or the alphabet. All these learning takes place in school. The only "work" I did with them was reading bedtime stories. When my kids are home in the evening and on weekends, it's purely family time. They don't go for enrichment lessons either. Initially, I was a little worried as my elder daughter couldn't seem to read when she was in K1. But in K2, we saw huge improvement and she's now an avid reader. She's also coping well in P1.

It's not just all work and no play. The staff put in a lot of effort into the events they organise for the kids. You can see it through the deco they prepare at the Corporation branch. There's also the annual 'Action Bonanza' which my kids love. It's a fund-raising carnival held in the school and my girls look forward to it every year.

My younger girl is still at Innate Montessori, Corporation Place. I see familiar faces. Be it parents who enrol their no.2, no.3 in CP or teachers.

This is my experience with Innate Montessori. I understand that not everyone feels the same way. This is just my 2 cents and hope it has helped, in some way.

cafemug
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by cafemug » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Jhs is a hidden gem in river valley. My kids graduated from that preschool. The principal and teachers are caring and passionate. A small school environment. Kids graduated from there have no issue in primary school as they do prepare the kids well e.g. introducing time in nursery 2. No homework unless the teacher feels kid needs a little more writing practices. Give them a call and take a look. Only thing is there's no outdoor playground. But there's a nice play room and mini library for kids to borrow books home.

Lisa Realm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Lisa Realm » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:58 pm

HELP NEEDED! Research Survey to Improve Preschool Facilities!!!

Hi, I'm Lisa, a researcher from Maxy. We are currently conducting a survey for parents with children in the following schools from 28 Nov- 3 December 2017.

>Modern Montessori (20 parents)
>Chiltern House (10 parents)
>Pat's Schoolhouse (30 parents)
>Odyssey(20 parents)
>Brighton Montessori (20 parents)
> Learning Vision (30 parents)
> Eton House (30 parents)

The purpose is to understand preschool facilities in Singapore and how they can be improved to serve you better.

The survey will take 12-15 mins to complete and is done in compliance with PDPA Singapore. At the end of the survey, please input your Name and Singapore home address so that we can mail you a $5 capitaland gift voucher to thank you for your time.

Here's the link: https://tinyurl.com/SGkindersurvey

Do share this with anyone in my targeted audience and do remember to put my name, Lisa, in the referral box. Thanks!!!

GabNatMom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by GabNatMom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:49 am

Mojito9724 wrote:Is josiah montessori good? any reviews?
I wouldn't recommend it. The standard has dropped significantly and it is really not worth the money you pay. I feel like it is mere child minding and my son is not learning much there. I am sending him to outside enrichment to keep his Eng standard up.

redwhite
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by redwhite » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Check our Splendore Montessori at Mountbatten Centre.

They are having 50% off this month for their newly opened centre.

https://www.facebook.com/splendoremontessori/

Trunk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Trunk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 am

Hello,
Learning style in Montessori be like, Children can choose their own work, but it does not mean there isn't any structure. The classroom is very structured in its design and in how a lesson is taught. However, the child is given the freedom to learn how to make choices and do work that is engaging to him or her.
Thank you for the post this was amazing.

Artmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Artmom » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 pm

sunny_side_up wrote:Any mummies send their kids to Montessori at newton? Am thinking of sending my kid there. Any feedback?

Hi sunny side up,

Did you end up enrolling your child at Montessori for Children in Newton in the end? I brought my son for a school visit last week. Am impressed with the fact they truly stick to the Montessori philosophy, without tailoring the curriculum to fit local schools. My son didn't quite enjoy himself as compared to another school we went to, but if we were to choose a Montessori program, it would be the one at Newton.