All About Montessori

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
Artmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Montessori

Post by Artmom » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 pm

sunny_side_up wrote:Any mummies send their kids to Montessori at newton? Am thinking of sending my kid there. Any feedback?

Hi sunny side up,

Did you end up enrolling your child at Montessori for Children in Newton in the end? I brought my son for a school visit last week. Am impressed with the fact they truly stick to the Montessori philosophy, without tailoring the curriculum to fit local schools. My son didn't quite enjoy himself as compared to another school we went to, but if we were to choose a Montessori program, it would be the one at Newton.

Artmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Artmom » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 pm

sunny_side_up wrote:Any mummies send their kids to Montessori at newton? Am thinking of sending my kid there. Any feedback?

Hi sunny side up,

Did you end up enrolling your child at Montessori for Children in Newton? I brought my son for a school visit last week. Am impressed with the fact they truly stick to the Montessori philosophy, without tailoring the curriculum to fit local schools. My son didn't quite enjoy himself as compared to another school we went to, but if we were to choose a Montessori program, it would be the one at Newton.

iwasababy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by iwasababy » Fri May 04, 2018 1:52 am

Hi, Does anyone have information about MMI at Kovan ?

We went for the open house. The environment seems pretty nice. But, the stairs seems rather daunting for our 2year old. Noticed that there weren’t any security cameras as well.

Really interested in posting our kiddo there. But, worried as well.

iwasababy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by iwasababy » Fri May 04, 2018 1:52 am

Hi, Does anyone have information about MMI at Kovan ?

We went for the open house. The environment seems pretty nice. But, the stairs seems rather daunting for our 2year old. Noticed that there weren’t any security cameras as well.

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Sun May 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi

Just thinking whether montessori math is useful in preparing kids for P1 math syllabus?

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Sun May 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi

Just thinking whether montessori math is useful in preparing kids for P1 math syllabus?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:116

Post by zac's mum » Sun May 06, 2018 12:48 pm

jkids wrote:Hi

Montessori math is generally helpful in allowing the kids to grasp fundamental math concepts in a concrete manner. That is very good because research has shown that children do not start to think in abstract manner until upper primary or even secondary school years. That’s the usual brain development of a human being.

The P1 math syllabus teaches addition and subtraction using plastic snap cubes. Take a look at the My Pals Are Here math textbook in Popular. You will see that there are visual images of those cubes printed in the book. But in the end, the child still needs to write down the numerical answers on worksheets and tests in school, without the aid of the cubes. At most, they can use their fingers to count silently. So the answer is no, Montessori Math is not directly helpful for P1 Math syllabus at all.

I have written some other comments here about coaching my Montessori-trained son thru his P1 Math last year:

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... start=2120

oynoyn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by oynoyn » Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 am

iwasababy wrote:Hi, Does anyone have information about MMI at Kovan ?

Hello! I enrolled my 2yo in MMI Kovan earlier this year. I used to have major concern abt the stairs, mostly becos my girl walking type is the “soft type, easy to fall” hehe. Was still not firm in walking , moreover climbing stairs. It’s been 4months and thank God no issue with the stairs. Noticed that there must be teacher whom always assist / watch them everyday lids climb up n down. She’s now very confidently climbing stairs up and down. I guess bcos she got this “climbing exercise” everyday hehe.

iwasababy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by iwasababy » Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 pm

oynoyn wrote:
iwasababy wrote:Hi, Does anyone have information about MMI at Kovan ?

Hello! I enrolled my 2yo in MMI Kovan earlier this year. I used to have major concern abt the stairs, mostly becos my girl walking type is the “soft type, easy to fall” hehe. Was still not firm in walking , moreover climbing stairs. It’s been 4months and thank God no issue with the stairs. Noticed that there must be teacher whom always assist / watch them everyday lids climb up n down. She’s now very confidently climbing stairs up and down. I guess bcos she got this “climbing exercise” everyday hehe.
Hey, Thanks for the reply ! Appreciate the reassurance ! If I enrol my kiddo - will probably be in the same class as yours!

Will PM you. :thankyou:

First.class Flashcards
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by First.class Flashcards » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:06 am

Hi all,

In case you'll are interested in obtaining flashcards, I sell flashcards both for Glenn Doman and Shichida.

The flashcards can be customized based on content and size. We sell picture and word flashcards, Encyclopedia flashcards, math dot and numeral cards, as well as storybooks, among many other flashcards.

If you'll are interested please visit our carousell page at http://carousell.com/first.class, or you may contact me via fb at nurturekidz. Alternatively, you may pm me here.