Preparation for school... Away from mummy & daddy!

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Preparation for school... Away from mummy & daddy!

Postby Bowie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:51 am

Hi All,

Plan to enroll my gal to Pre N next year when she turns 2. Worry she will feel lost or traumatize with us not around her.

Any tips to share to make this transition a more gradual and easy one?

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Preparation for school... Away from mummy & daddy!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:42 am

Bowie wrote:Hi All,

Plan to enroll my gal to Pre N next year when she turns 2. Worry she will feel lost or traumatize with us not around her.

Any tips to share to make this transition a more gradual and easy one?

It's really not so traumatic for the child. Actually, it sounds like you will be suffering more separation anxiety than your child :lol: .

Just make seem as fun as going out to the playground or shopping - easy to do so because it IS that fun. You'll be surprised at how quickly the kid will forget your existence if he/she enjoys the preschool. Both my children love going to preschool because they get bored easily at home.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:18 pm

For my kid, he is a very shy boy, and he cried during first day of school. But after a few days, after he know that crying doesn't get him out, it just become a normal routine that he know he has to go through.

Kids do adapt very quickly.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby vfong1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:34 pm

My boy didn't cry the first day but he cried from 2nd day for a week. Then, he stopped crying and he's enjoying his lessons.

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Luanee » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 pm

We did it the hard way, just left her with the teachers and bye. She cried for a few days, ended up sleeping in school coz she got tired after the cryings. Things got better later but it repeats itself after the school hols, so start all over again :wink:

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chuanchuan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:59 am

Mine joined the pre-N during july. He cried for 7 weeks. Then on 8th week he just stop crying.

chuanchuan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care