west area confusion

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

west area confusion

Postby denieleve » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 pm

hi all,

really appreciated the feedback you wrote for certain child care / playgroup.

but i am getting so confused to go where.... i read almost all threads, and there are +ve and -ve feedback on every single school......

is there a recommended playgroup in the west? as i read on the threads for montessori, shichida, ICR etc....

some said good some said bad.... and i am totally lost :scared:

and i had alot of feedback from my colleagues, family n friends..... i think i too gan jiong ask too many people, then i had too many feedback and i ended up so confuse so lost.

is there any suggestion how should i go about for my 16mths baby??
she looking after by my MIL. and i really want her to start learning. so should let her learn music / read / play??

as i am very worried that she will pick up all the singlish and hokkien from my MIL, as she is starting to show sign of it.

any suggestion to guide me along??

thanks thanks a million. :?:

denieleve
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby schellen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Feedback is subjective as it depends on the expectations of individuals. Feedback also differs across branches and even classes within the same branch due to different teachers. If you feel strongly about certain schools, go ahead and pay a visit or do more research on it. Maybe you'll get a different impression?

What would you like your baby to learn? That will help you to prioritise and then, you can narrow down on choice of schools. It will also help if you can decide on full-day, half-day or just enrichment.

At such a young age, I do not know if your baby will show any preferences to help you decide on what to learn. I think if you observe her well enough, you may be get some hints.

Good luck! :)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby denieleve » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:15 pm

schellen wrote:Feedback is subjective as it depends on the expectations of individuals. Feedback also differs across branches and even classes within the same branch due to different teachers. If you feel strongly about certain schools, go ahead and pay a visit or do more research on it. Maybe you'll get a different impression?

What would you like your baby to learn? That will help you to prioritise and then, you can narrow down on choice of schools. It will also help if you can decide on full-day, half-day or just enrichment.

At such a young age, I do not know if your baby will show any preferences to help you decide on what to learn. I think if you observe her well enough, you may be get some hints.

Good luck! :)

thanks for the advise.

as most of the time she is with my MIL, so i only knows most of the time when i am with her, she keep singing, talking, playing non-stop. even i tried reading to her every night, she doesn't seems listening, and continue her own play, craw some time dance and sing. and some time learn to talk on her own. those book i given her to flip thru eventually was torn apart.

let take one example, we seldom mention dog to her, as we own a dog name nikki, we always tell her its nikki. she picked up nikki fast, but once when i was with her strolling outside, a dog passed by and she can point and tell me "dog dog".

i was really shocked. how come she learn the words even without any one telling her frequently. maybe once or twice every few months we did mention to her its a dog.

so i am stuck in between, go for playgroup to learn singing and dancing? or childcare to learn art n craft? or go enrichment to learn language?

i did enrol her in LNT class, she seems very bored.

that is where my problem lies..... and my husband n mother just ask me DUN WASTE MONEY.

denieleve
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby toddles » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Maybe start her on some 3.5 hour daily preschool, or half day childcare and see how it goes?

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:49 pm

toddles wrote:Maybe start her on some 3.5 hour daily preschool, or half day childcare and see how it goes?

I think Child Care only after 18 months :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby denieleve » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 pm

toddles wrote:Maybe start her on some 3.5 hour daily preschool, or half day childcare and see how it goes?

yes, but there are so many child care around..... wondering which to go, what the difference between those 3.5hours childcare centre and play group of 2hours???

or should i just go those weekend enrichment classes??

confuse confuse so confuse....

denieleve
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby denieleve » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

lovekidsverymuch wrote:

I think Child Care only after 18 months :?

i don't mind to wait another 2 mths to enter those child care.... problems is not sure which to choose fm......

thanks
thank....

denieleve
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby schellen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:42 pm

do remember tt for enrichment, some courses/schs require parents to accompany their children if they are below 2-1/2 years old (give or take a few mths).

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alangolf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:11 am

Hi,
I stay in west too. It's normal not to know which CC to go. Read some feedback here and things to look out for. Try then you'll know.

For 16 mths, I think important is to communicate with him more. The more the merrier. Read, play games, toys. He may not respond as you wish (read books to him he don't bother, flip books without following the pages or before you read finish etc) and it's perfectly normal. My MIL like to joke about our DS, 'if he so smart, tomorrow give him a bag and ask him go work.' :wink:

Jus to share, sent my DS to wkend enrichment class when he turns 2. He sometimes do his own things instead of following the class. Just let him enjoy. Now at 2.5yrs, I put him in half day CC to let him interact and get used to school. On our part, just do our best like reading to him everynight, play toys, sing song whenever we can.

Advice 'Don't need to be too worried. Just do your best, don't compare'.

alangolf
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care