Hotel Booking Websites

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Re: Hotel Booking Websites

Post by floppy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 pm

ThinkingYouths wrote:Usually booking.com have the best rates. Couple with shopback, you can get 5 to 8% cash back
Some unashamed self-promotion and good lobang must share.

Sign up / book using this link: https://www.booking.com/s/34_6/781723dc. When you book and stay using this link, you'll get 10% of your trip back :evil:

WilliG
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by WilliG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 pm

thanks for the link! I also often book apartments on booking.com

Vince19
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Vince19 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:00 pm

floppy wrote:
ThinkingYouths wrote:Usually booking.com have the best rates. Couple with shopback, you can get 5 to 8% cash back

Sign up / book using this link: https://www.booking.com/s/34_6/781723dc. When you book and stay using this link, you'll get 10% of your trip back :evil:
Is this still valid? I am planning to book using booking.com but I'm sourcing for some discounts hoping to save some money. :celebrate:

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Vince19 wrote:
floppy wrote:

Is this still valid? I am planning to book using booking.com but I'm sourcing for some discounts hoping to save some money. :celebrate:
Yes, it's still valid. 10% back in cash rewards - minimum spend of US$30.

marshallbrown
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by marshallbrown » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 pm

I thin trip advisor is one of the best website https://www.tripadvisor.com/

Rachel Zhu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Rachel Zhu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:13 pm

:smile: I think if you guys are looking to travel, some good websites are definitely the more reputable ones. If you are looking for some activities to do, mileslife allows you to book activities while earning some krisflyer miles

Lavender123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Lavender123 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:02 am

I feel that booking directly from the hotel website is the safest. I don't think the discount differs a lot from booking websites.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Lavender123 wrote:I feel that booking directly from the hotel website is the safest. I don't think the discount differs a lot from booking websites.
Yes / no.

There are many types of hotels / accommodations out in the market. Each property will have a different strategy in managing their inventory. This is Revenue Management 101.

For e.g. hotels with a big database of users or business travelers like InterContinental Hotel may put up fantastic rates which are limited to members only. Their objective may be to clear empty room inventory or to get business travelers to use them for personal travel. To reach out to infrequent travelers or travelers on other hotel programmes, they may also put up different promos on their partner channels e.g. Booking.com. Because there are different 'quota' for the different channels, some of these deals may run out. In addition, if a particular channel does better (or give them more $), they may also move some inventory over from another. Sometimes, a particular channel may be doing so well that they are actually 'losing' $ (lost of incremental revenue). They may want to close off this channel and force you to pay more else.

Smaller hotels or less popular hotels, on the other hand, may not have the same outreach as IHG or Accorhotels. If online sales are low (no one visit their website) or inventory is limited (e.g. boutique hotels), there is really no reason to offer discounts on their website and they may only show you the rack rates. However, if there is need to do distressed sale, using partner channels could be a better way of achieving the desired results. Plus, they may not need to deal with complaints from travelers who book their rooms earlier (often at a higher rate). Booking.com last minute deals is a good example where you can get good discount if you are not particular about hotels.

Last but not least, if you use the more reputable booking sites, they are as safe and as reliable as the hotel sites. On the other hand, smaller hotels often outsource their web development, including booking engines, to a third party. Reliability, can therefore, be a question mark (p/s: I have bad experience with Malaysia Legoland Hotel bookings).

Goips
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Goips » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:27 pm

I always order for votive wotif.

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Gilian039 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:52 pm

floppy wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:36 pm
Lavender123 wrote:I feel that booking directly from the hotel website is the safest. I don't think the discount differs a lot from booking websites.
Yes / no.

There are many types of hotels / accommodations out in the market. Each property will have a different strategy in managing their inventory. This is Revenue Management 101.

For e.g. hotels with a big database of users or business travelers like InterContinental Hotel may put up fantastic rates which are limited to members only. Their objective may be to clear empty room inventory or to get business travelers to use them for personal travel. To reach out to infrequent travelers or travelers on other hotel programmes, they may also put up different promos on their partner channels e.g. Booking.com. Because there are different 'quota' for the different channels, some of these deals may run out. In addition, if a particular channel does better (or give them more $), they may also move some inventory over from another. Sometimes, a particular channel may be doing so well that they are actually 'losing' $ (lost of incremental revenue). They may want to close off this channel and force you to pay more else.

Smaller hotels or less popular hotels, on the other hand, may not have the same outreach as IHG or Accorhotels. If online sales are low (no one visit their website) or inventory is limited (e.g. boutique hotels), there is really no reason to offer discounts on their website and they may only show you the rack rates. However, if there is need to do distressed sale, using partner channels could be a better way of achieving the desired results. Plus, they may not need to deal with complaints from travelers who book their rooms earlier (often at a higher rate). Booking.com last minute deals is a good example where you can get good discount if you are not particular about hotels.

Last but not least, if you use the more reputable booking sites, they are as safe and as reliable as the hotel sites. On the other hand, smaller hotels often outsource their web development, including booking engines, to a third party. Reliability, can therefore, be a question mark (p/s: I have bad experience with Malaysia Legoland Hotel bookings).

All my worries and questions were answered here. Thanks for sharing, this is really a helpful information! :celebrate: :goodpost: