Hotel Booking Websites

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
TimC_28
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Hotel Booking Websites

Post by TimC_28 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:19 am

Estéema wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 am
DH typically do the booking thro one of these websites as u can do free cancellation if yr plans change. It also gives us more time to scout. S’times I’ll follow up with checks to direct locations - s’times u get them cheaper, s’times u don’t but they upgrade u or provide extras such as b’fast/meals or not charge for extra beds, etc.

Our June trip to Taiwan going direct enable us to get a lot of free services such as owner loves to promote eco-trip to view their scenery & famous spots & we got 50% discounts for ferry trip. Our last trip in Nov to PJ, our direct booking came with club entitlement which includes b’fast, afternoon tea break and evening cocktail - they serve finger food but u’re free to any amt u wish to take (spaghetti, Turkish or Mediterranean food, pandan chicken, etc and they brew yr choice of coffee/tea). Clubhouse comes with penthouse view.

So do try check out direct. You never know.
I agree with you. Some third-party booking websites charges web and other service fees. It is still better to check directly with your preferred hotel and they might give you a promotion that these booking websites cannot give.

RYeo1982
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re:

Post by RYeo1982 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:23 pm

hquek wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 am
oh oh...and I like to go www.tripadvisor.com to look out for pp's opinions on the hotel first. Will take those advice with a pinch of salt - but better something known than total unknowns (esp travelling with 2 kids in tow).
we need to make sure the hotel if it is the best and if we can enjoy and if it fits in our taste.

RYeo1982
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re:

Post by RYeo1982 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 pm

hquek wrote:
oh oh...and I like to go www.tripadvisor.com to look out for pp's opinions on the hotel first. Will take those advice with a pinch of salt - but better something known than total unknowns (esp travelling with 2 kids in tow).
we need to make sure the hotel if it is the best and if we can enjoy and if it fits in our taste.

LiliChung
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LiliChung » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm

You had me looking at the recommended websites, only familiar with few booking sites. This helps a lot, thank you.

brues
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by brues » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:47 pm

i opt booking online, based on experience, especially when I will be checking in a day after. because they usually give us 25% discount, compared to when you do walk-in they usually don't.
Most of the websites I visited, agoda.com, booking,com, tripadvisor.com offers great deals and you can also save time scouting for good hotels based on the reviews. I
I guess with online booking, its essential that you check the reviews and the pictures (but these can be deceiving), better to check the reviews

kssthan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by kssthan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:39 pm

I agree that checking reviews on 3rd party sites can be quite helpful! In my case, I will usually check reviews to see if there are any instances of bed bugs. I've had a bad experience with bed bugs in a hostel in Penang, so I always want to make sure that the hotel is clear.

alleyquit
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by alleyquit » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Looking for the best hotel and apartment booking websites in Dubai.

alleyquit
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Post by alleyquit » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 pm

hquek wrote:
Yes, this is the best one as I think.

honkah
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by honkah » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:20 pm

The 18 Best Websites for Booking Hotels at the Cheapest Prices [2020]
https://upgradedpoints.com/best-website ... eap-hotels