All About Travelling Pregnant Or With Kids

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
SuperTutors
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Travelling Pregnant Or With Kids

Post by SuperTutors » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Went to London in my 2nd trimester for my first baby. Was in San Francisco in the 2nd trimester for my 2nd baby. Chose those places because they were easy to get around

gracie80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by gracie80 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:32 am

I wouldn't put whiskey into milk.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 am

Just returned from a week long holiday in Hong Kong and Macau. Was traveling with 3 kids (just 2 adults, me and my wife) and I had written some of my thoughts here.

To summarize, handling 3 kids < 6yo in a far away place is no joke. Sometimes you want to scream and pull out all your hair. Plans will suffer the chop and change treatment. Yet, if given another opportunity , I'll continue to do it again :lol:

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:227

Post by slmkhoo » Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 am

floppy wrote:Just returned from a week long holiday in Hong Kong and Macau. Was traveling with 3 kids (just 2 adults, me and my wife) and I had written some of my thoughts here.

To summarize, handling 3 kids < 6yo in a far away place is no joke. Sometimes you want to scream and pull out all your hair. Plans will suffer the chop and change treatment. Yet, if given another opportunity , I'll continue to do it again :lol:
I only had 2 to handle, so can't imagine how different it is with 3! But however busy and complex it is, you build a lot of good family memories. I found the trick was always to budget a lot of extra time and be willing to flex. My girls became very good travellers - generally fuss-free about food, accommodation, hanging around waiting, listening to history lectures...

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 am

slmkhoo wrote:
floppy wrote:Just returned from a week long holiday in Hong Kong and Macau. Was traveling with 3 kids (just 2 adults, me and my wife) and I had written some of my thoughts here.

I only had 2 to handle, so can't imagine how different it is with 3! But however busy and complex it is, you build a lot of good family memories. I found the trick was always to budget a lot of extra time and be willing to flex. My girls became very good travellers - generally fuss-free about food, accommodation, hanging around waiting, listening to history lectures...
Speaking as a 过来人, two is manageable (that's why I took on a challenge of three :rotflmao: )

That said, I totally agree that budgeting extra time and being willing to change your plans is important (even if it means missing out on some must-dos), regardless of one, two or more kids. The key objective in traveling with kids isn't about ticking those must-do check boxes, but about building memories that you can look back and enjoy / laugh / joke about it (even though at that point in time, you feel like a madman on a rampage).

iceywind88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by iceywind88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am

gracie80 wrote:I wouldn't put whiskey into milk.
A little bi is quite fine. in Indian culture, they'll give drops of spirits to newborns

proudfather
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by proudfather » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 pm

i travelled with my pregnant wife on a train. now our son seems to be very interested in watching train videos!

Janet32
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Janet32 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am

Travelling w/ a toddler is not easy. Yes the plane trip is challenging and getting their own seats can be worth the price sometimes. We also learned the hard way that it’s best to fly direct to your international destination when travelling with a toddler. We went the long way to Thailand with a stopover in Kuala Lumpur. The flight was cheaper but I’m not sure worth it in the end!

vinnie22
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by vinnie22 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Hello,
If you are travelling with your kids then you should know what you have to kept with you. Here I am sharing some information which helps you:

Diapers
One for each hour you'll be in transit, plus extras in case of delays

Pad to put under your baby during diaper changes
You can buy disposable changing pads at supermarkets or reusable ones at baby stores.

Blankets
Bring a few — you'll use them to lay your baby on, cover your baby, cover yourself if you're nursing, protect your clothes from messy burps, shade your baby, and more

Plastic bags
Carry a variety of sizes for storing soiled diapers, clothes, and blankets.

Diaper rash cream

Wipes

Small bottles of disinfecting hand gel, baby wash, and baby lotion

Tissues

Extra pacifiers (if your baby uses one)

A few of your baby's favorite toys

Clothes, socks, and booties or shoes

One to two outfits per day is a good guideline.

Washable bibs

Sun hat

Lightweight plastic feeding set with utensils, and baby food

Hope this tips will help you.

Thank you.

Napa Valley bed and breakfast cottages

Star-Tutors
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Star-Tutors » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:05 am

Young children are often excited about being in a plane. They will have high energy levels for an hour or so, and might then take a nap. Would be good to start off with flights that have shorter duration (below 3 hours). If they adapt well, then longer flights would be fun (or tolerable). Some children like warm weather, some like colder weather, so it's good to check with them before booking the holiday, so that they know what to expect